Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations NJ Open series.

• This topic has 7 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

I really wanted to get together with the TO’s in NJ to discuss this but with the recent move this isn’t going to happen.

I would like to get a race series started in NJ. It would be a 4 race series, three qualifiers and a final. Which ever track gets the highest turnout gets the final race.

The race is open classes only, no points. The structure will follow the NBL age group structure for open classes.

The racers are competing for US Savings Bonds as the award.

$35 entry fee, $25 goes towards the Savings Bond pot for that class. $5 goes into a pot for the winner of that class for the series and $5 goes to the track.

For every rider that races $5 is added to a growing pot that is awarded to the overall winner for that class at the end of the series. So if you have only 25 riders total show up through the 4 races that is an extra $125 in savings bonds at the end.

The overall winner is determined by who has won the most amount in savings bonds during the series.

Thoughts?

bmxlegend

on FLAT PEDALS

thats my contribution

s4lnj

i had mentioned an open series earlier and someone said that egg harbor was going to have an open series this year– but i never heard any more of it

bmxlegend

bill , build a track in your yard for a nice race like that.. sort of what stumpy does.. thats a good idea…

RaidenHayden

Done legend!!! No clips and I’ll make a gate 😀 , Honestly if it were a flats race I’d do it

bmxlegend

bill.. ill be the 1st one to throw my money down to race that

rideodybmx

that sounds like an awesome idea

lol backyard bmx racing could be a new trend

RaidenHayden

We’ve done races through the trail sections. I’ll start last and try to pass, and man is it tight. But fun as hell.

bmxlegend

thats what racing should be.. “FUN”

imagine

bmiddaugh

Quick injection of comedy…
    Jess, if the almighty NBL says this is a no go what makes you think that the idea has any merit at all. 😉

I don’t understand, how will this idea get us to the Olympics?

The real question is…
    What are we going to call the new rider started sanctioning body.

bmxlegend

Fun Bicycle Association

Grown Men On Little Kids Bikes

LeadSled1

Well, if we never make it past the bar it could be:

BMXers United in Drinking.

BUD

😆

RaidenHayden

And on that note I nominate Jess G as our new director and president 😈

s4lnj

you guys laugh– but when psykopath sent me my stuff, they sent me a dvd with it– and guess what there was alot of on there?– you got it…. back yard races. some were pretty hard core like the two man trails race at stumpy’s house– and others were as simple as a small oval with a small dub in each straight, one guy at a time, lowest time takes the pot.

this isn’t really such a far fetced idea

CrazyCraig

who’s gonna insure it? 😀 lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.