Homepage Forums NJ Freestyle Flatland NJ Flatland Jam Series

• This topic has 8 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I think the time has come for a few of us older guys to start up a sort of 3 or 4 event jam session series.
    I’d have to say no contests yet, just try and get a bunch of flatlanders together and have it. Maybe we can get a few companies involved put up some banners, hand out some product. Perhaps at the final one for the year come up with some kind of jam format contest. I have a very good idea how to “judge” it. I will need some people to get us locations to hold them, let’s say 1 up north near BrianP, 1 central near Adam, Ant-D or Rod, 1- Central…near me, and 1 south near suthnjflat.
    I’d like to bring together the guys who are out there having fun everyday learning new stuff and also expose some kids to flatland, even if they are just beginners.
    I’d like to keep it fun but give the older riders the chance to impart whatever wisdom they got on the young guys.
    Ideas, thoughts and help is very welcome.
    This is a topic where if ya post something negative, I’ll be deleting it
    Now, let me hear it.

suthnjflat

Sounds perfect count me in.

CWCCRIDER

That would be cool.
    Just the other day I was watching joe kid with my son (9yrs) and they were showing flatland, he was like wow whats that!!!
    So I guess i need to start building another bike to go along with his 20″ and his cruiser. Man this is great BMX is back !!! 😀 😀 😀

BIGANT-DOG

hell yeah, We talked bout it last night. I think it is a good idea.After all these years i am still a beginner.

Anonymous

Ok have the one near me as the yearly Rutgers Jam………………say June??????????? iman outdoors kinda guy

Even though I rode there for a long time ive only been to 2 of the jams.

bmiddaugh

I think the Rutgers Jam is a given, but I think we should push for a little support from the manufacturers, since you guys are doing a lot for flatland in NJ.
    I’m going to talk to Brian Luff and see if I can get an area down here near the shore for something in either May or July.

rideodybmx

flatland jams sound great. i dont ride and cant ride flatland for my life, but i really enjoy watching it. im all for it

Anonymous

If you dont want a contest then why would we need more than the Rutgers Jam for my area??????????????????????
    I will talk to Nussbaum,Shawn White (Bizhouse) and any other connections I may have…………………………………………….

bmiddaugh

I want to do contests but we may need to see if their we can get guys to compete again.

rodney

OK are there enough people to make it worth while? a jam is great erin d does those rutgers jams but contests would bring more people out $$$$$ I have no doubt that I can get companies all in to it animal,bizhouse, haro,premium, primo, fly, just to name a few plus the store would help out ALOT. finding the location (indoor) may be hard but lets try between us all we should find one .they had a contest series in maplewood a while back thosewere ok the area was small and slippery but it worked

bmiddaugh

We should push for a 4 jam series, every other month through the fall. which will leave the late fall, winter and early spring for people to practice and come up with stuff.
    We’ve been there, we know whats fun and what sucks.
    If we go for contests, what kind of classes and how should we do judging?
    Ideas, ideas!

Anonymous

I say no contests…………. Have it outdoors in the summer ……Hold it on a Saturday rain date Sunday voila…………… If we have contests Beginner/Expert/Pro

rodney

indoor in the winter outdoor in the summer sunday always better for us weekend workers need to get permisson for place /parksooner then later. plan people I will do what i can to help

suthnjflat

I have about 3 spots that i could have a jam at i’ll talk to the people i ride with and try to set something up.

harris

so when might these happen?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.