Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Nearly 50 new rookie riders

• This topic has 8 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

http://www.foothillsbmx.com

16,308 flyers to 33 different schools, two radio interviews and one TV interview coupled with a staff of wonderful volunteers and wa-la, a whopper-opening day at Foothills. With sunny skies and a track that was looking pretty nice after some serious spring clean-up work, the first of 67 motos got under way 25 minutes behind schedule but no one seemed to mind too much as the action was fast and furious right from the start. Nearly 50 new rookie riders were on hand to experience the fun of a big opening day and we don’t feel anyone was disappointed. 267 riders were racing, making this the second biggest opening day in our history. (In 2003 271 riders were there).

happened to be 06, but…

kevh

They are doing something right that is for sure.

bmiddaugh

excellenteh!
    …..publicly calls out Loren…
    is the proof cool that I sent you?
    if I get the order in by thurs we’ll have em by next friday.
    why do I have the feeling this post was sorta aimed at me…lol

BIGANT-DOG

Sweet. I hope some of the lurkers are reading this.

check this out…
    http://www.fortworthbmx.com/Promotion/MegaMotoMania.html

Welcome every new face with a smile and make them feel welcome to BMX. This sport can seem very intimidating to parents and potential riders at first . The full face helmets, tinted goggles and uniforms can make us look like a bunch of Storm Troopers until you get to know everyone. New riders is what is going to get the Moto count up on a consistent basis and is beneficial to both our local tracks.

* Pass out Cowtown and Metroplex flyers at your local schools or shopping center. See your track director for brochures.
    * Spread the word about BMX and how it has impacted your life.
    * Help new parents and riders know where to find good deals on bikes and equipment.
    * Offer to help them with bike maintenance until they feel comfortable doing it themselves and have acquired the tools to do so.
    * Take the time to explain how things work like sign-up, moto sheets, transfers, gates and strategies.

BIGANT-DOG

Pass out Cowtown and Metroplex flyers at your local schools or shopping center. See your track director for brochures.
    * Spread the word about BMX and how it has impacted your life.
    * Help new parents and riders know where to find good deals on bikes and equipment.
    * Offer to help them with bike maintenance until they feel comfortable doing it themselves and have acquired the tools to do so.
    * Take the time to explain how things work like sign-up, moto sheets, transfers, gates and strate

Loren there are alot of people doing that here already, we just have not seen the full results yet. But since opening day for cj and hc is coming can someone with some art skills (i have none) design a Quick flyer with both tracks info on em

bigtimber

Roger Plasket is one of the top people at Foothills and they do that every year!

Caveman

Why would you use flyers, posters or hang tags? I can guarantee you we won’t see ONE new rider from all of this.
    Besides, if a store puts up one of our posters and somebody sees the poster, starts racing, and then gets hurt, the store could get sued.

Bad idea, bad idea. We want to be smaller, not bigger.

😈 😈 😈

4130forlife

what do you suggest almighty caveman?

bmiddaugh

well, I dunno what Cave suggests, but I suggest, ya look up what sarcasm means.

bmiddaugh

😈

Is that Roger in here?
    If so he can tell you one of the main things he did when his track was hurting for riders. Thats one of the main things I feel is killing BMX. If more people in BMX just did the simple things that he did and took it further even BMX could be as big as its ever been, BIGGER!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.