Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations NBL sues track in NY for breach of contract.

• This topic has 5 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

This is why a riders council initiative is needed.
    http://nebmxnews.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1166&sid=54eb64d70628f38f1c93719ea64f6dba
    We care about BMX.
    We don’t care about sanctions.
    NO TRACK, should be made to sign more than a 1 year contract with any organization.
    We must stop these things from happening, and take this sport back.

RaidenHayden

I went to it, and it no longer exists. But I will give you the low down.
    The NBL track in Binghampton NY, went ABA, but appears that their contract, was still in effect with the NBL, thus meaning they were in breach of contract, so the good people at the NBL sued or threatened. So now the track says it will come back and finish the remainder of it’s obligation, but Noooooooooooooo, now the NBL wants to renegotiate, prior to allowing sanctioned racing, in the meantime, the city has no interest in the track or BMX itself, so they don’t care.
    In the interim, the kids can’t race either sanction, and the NBL contiues to renegotiate the contract! Why? Hmm hopefully they will get some one they can controll running the track.
    THIS IS A NON-PROFIT ORGINIZATION FOR THE KIDS, Yeah right!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like a bunch of petty A**holes. Let the track come back and the kids race, if you care so much about the sport, and when their contract is up they can go ABA, what are they so afraid of. This is what that more tracks will slip through their fingers. I think this single thing, may have hurt the NBL more than anything. Outcome no firm opening date for the track and the locals still have nothing to ride, except the nearby ABA tracks

bmiddaugh

NBL, why a 5 year contract…that you have to renew every year?

bmiddaugh

Bill and I are the only ones to comment on this?
    THERE ARE KIDS WHO ARE NOT RACING BECAUSE OF THIS!
    Where is that “it’s for the kids” attitude?
    Ya know what it’s not for the kids..
    It’s about BMX racing and this is not inducive to evolving our sport.

RaidenHayden

WOW, I hope a track in NJ never suffers the same thing as the NY one, cause it doesn’t seem that it bothers anyone

bmiddaugh

That’s wierd, because it’s frontpage news here…

CrazyCraig

Unbelievable is all I can say.

Yer right Brett & Bill – there are kids that can’t race right now because of this. Thank you NBL for killing BMX in that area.

Not being the hell-yeah-lets-burn-their-house-down activist that you are Brett – what can we do to impact the situation there in NY? Since its not our state – I’m not sure if we can do anything to help them, but I guess moving forward this is definitely something to make part of our mission with the UBMXRC. Hopefully we can impact change in policy once we pick up steam.

They tout BMX as a sport where no one sits on the sidelines or on the bench – everyone races as often as they want. Well – unless the sanctions get their poop together on this one – looks like some kids are gonna sit out.

Let not let this happen here.

bmiddaugh

If I were them…
    I would be right up at the local papers.

bmiddaugh

Right now we are screwed and powerless.
    Just getting word out to everyone we know is all we can do.
    This is why I would like a few track operators with us. I know those guys are sick of all this garbage as well.

bmiddaugh

Just checked the Binghamton website and it looks like they will be back up and running June 2nd under the NBL.
    I wish I could see the contract they had to sign.
    Anyway this is their site.
    http://www.binghamtonnbl.com/

Kevin

Brett…although I am no longer a track operator, being one for almost a 1/4 century I think I can safely say that I have more knowledge of the behind the scene BS that goes on…and I am glad to see that the riders are beginning to take issues with both the sanctions.

Granted, for those 25 years I’ve been staunchly ABA with no time at all for the NBL, mainly a business decision as the ABA is professionally run whereas the NBl is just running around in circles…..my opinion..if someone doesn’t like what I say.. Tough S***, deal with it….

It is only a matter of time before the BMX population faces the hard, cold fact of 1 sanction and one sanction only..that being the ABA…and it is very important now more than ever that the riders, who without this sport would be absolutly nothing, start making the sheer weight of their numbers known to the powers that be.

Like I stated, I’ve been ABA for all my years, but that doesn’t mean that I’m an ABA “rah-Rah” boy either. They have had me P Oed over the years to the point of wanting to go postal over some of their idiocy that they have pulled over the years. The good thing being after they pulled their heads out of the Arizona sand and got out of the sun, things got straightened out…usually.

This nonsense that the NBL pulled over Sheri Lindsey is just that, nonsense..ok, the track people if they went ahead and switched early before the “Contract’ expired, …their bad and they should be made to fullfill the contract. However, once that obligation has been met the NBL has no legal claim at all over the track or it’s operations. (According to my Lawyer, an X-BMX rider) So, the NBL changes the rules and now has them sign…what? A year to year “Continuitity” contract? I would tell Bob Tedesco to wipe his ass with that and after this season is over switch sanctions.

Like the ABA always says, “It’s just a matter of time” With stuff like this going on that “Time” is quickly approaching.

As far as your organization that is forming up, Good luck with it as now more than ever BMX Racing needs just such an organization. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Kevin.

P.S. edit out any of them ‘cuss words if you wish!

bmiddaugh

Kevin,
    I have no idea who you are.
    But I like your attitude.
    Welcome to the home of the BMX revolution.

RaidenHayden

I can Vouch for Kev, he’s been around a long time, and I’ve known him for most of that. But with the ability through the internet and other mass media availible, it’s only amatter of time, that ANY sanction that strongarms as happened in the Binghampton instance, will face the repercussions. PS Kev you need to annouce at Mass Nat

Kevin

Bill..there was a time that I could do 180 moto’s back to back, semi’s and then mains without a crack in my voice…3 times in a weekend…. I don’t know if I still have the “Mouth” for it after not doing it for a few years…although I think it would be fun to try again!!

Brett: Glad to be part of the “Revolution” Thank You!

RaidenHayden

Yeah, and that was fter figuring out what mess to bail us out each time we were on a road trip. No toilet was ever safe!!!!!! No rental car was ever the same, and some towns, well they just closed up after we left. 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.