Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. NBL doing the right thing.

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

It seems like bob and the boys are doing some good things.

http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3605

RaidenHayden

This is definitely a good thing

4130forlife

its something they should have done 25 years ago

loudogg666

well isn’t that just dandy.

bmxmom156

wow thats great. i remember looking in the library when dan was little for any bmx books we could find there was next to nothng( or just freestyle maybe 1 racing book from the 80’s)

will look on scholastics site… each elementary school(3) in our town has a bookfair… will be interesting to see if its ordered for display

loudogg666

i think that magazine CREAM wrote a flatland book.
    not sure though.
    and i don’t care either.

BIGANT-DOG

hmmm So who here would be willing to go into the schools and give the kids some info? kinda like bmx show and tell.

phantom

I am gonna order that series of books looks cool.

bmxmom156

ant like what would you like to see??

here are some ideas… see what you think…

a short video ( history of bmx/ current bmx highlighting nj??) showing kids of a certain target age( like the ages the book is geared for)…plus showing older and younger riders, moms and dads racing too….(family aspect)

flyers to give out( track info) maybe a free race coupon or two? stickers?

a few racers old and young to speak to the school kids…..who would tell how they got started/ how they race now/ …who would be available for questions and answers afterwards…

info on the initiation of bmx into the 08 olympics and the 2010 youth olympic games…..

some big a** trophies of course.. to show off…lol

maybe have a local pro to sign some books…..

any other ideas to add??? how long would it be? when would it occur during what class? would it be during the day like during a health class or gym class?? or after school???

BIGANT-DOG

Deb AL is in pretty good with edison township, I am gonna talk to him and see if we can do something this school year. Before the season starts, so we can have a bunch of new riders out there. Man i think i will be busy this winter.

bmxmom156

of course getting superintendants approval is first on the list… if anyone in your town has connections there it is a help…

also what about getting a “scholastic connection”..if you are going to promote their new book you can see about using their name…such as “njbmx and scholastic books will be presenting…….yada yada yada… maybe even get them to donate a bunch of books???

hmmmm have to think about this one…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.