Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old marketing to mountain bikers

• This topic has 5 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Thinking outside the box in terms of marketing BMX in NJ…why not go after mountain bikers? Mountain bikes are big, especially in most bike shops. How about a flyer with a pic of someone like Jeff Heath or Chris Worrell on a mountain bike on the track? Something about honing your mountain bike skills, bring the kids?

You figure alot of older guys ride mountain bikes, its a great way to practice bike skills, and theres a good chance they have kids.

When I started racing a few years ago, I was a mountain biker, but as the kids grew up, they wanted to ride too. Taking them on an epic mountainbike adventure is out of the question, but BMX racing we all can ride.

Come to think of it…I will work on just such a flyer! Any other good ideas to put on it?

bmiddaugh

Do you need some good pictures of Jeff? I have quite a few.
    Excellent idea.

By default, Colorado has been doing this type of thing for quite some time. No real advertising/marketing, the MTBers just show up and decide to practice first, then race. Some have even sold their DH and DS rigs and got into the sport full time because i”t’s so much cheaper and so much more down to earth.” Not my words, but the words of a converted MTBer. I’d have to agree with him, though.

The MTB scene was great for indoors racing, when the DH and DS seasons are done. Scary part is when the roadies think it’s a good idea to get on a BMX bike. Entertaining for almost everyone but the medics. All that speed and no coordination makes a 17 Novice moto look like an Elite Class Main.

Great idea!
    LOL Salzman that was a good one.
    Oz would say something like “Circling the drain, like a womens wedding band after she caught her husband cheating”

FSHUM

dude, good idea.
    you can practice any time at eht. those jumps would work good for mountain bikes too, specially the ones with shocks. Mountain bike, and road bike guys have all of the money, not us hippie bmxers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.