Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old King of old School class

• This topic has 9 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

For those that do not know I have been trying to get this class going, well I have a green light, I will be working on the rules (should be pretty simple) I will also keep track of all points that are turned in. I am also talking to the nbl and Me and Kevin O brien seem to be on the same page. For all that belive in me thank you , the rest well you know what to do. — Thank you mr. crammer for giving me urge to put this into reality.

s4lnj

what are the rough plans?– old school bikes? old guys?

CrazyCraig

Must be old enough to have ridden a pre-1975 Schwinn StingRay at some point in your life.

Bike must be a Huffy or Schwinn.

No helmets

Flat rubber pedals with no grips

Single bolt goosenecks

banana seats

bolt-on Evel Kneivel gas tank optional

Oh, playing cards in the spokes held onto the frame with a clothes pin is a must.

Is this too old school for everyone?? —

JBRP

Don’t forget the 3 speed shifter on the top tube

2 in slick in the back.

Mirror on each side of the high rise chopper bars.

and the pistol grips on the bars….

CrazyCraig

Yes Ant, I hijacked the thread, but at least kept it relative.

JBRP, love the 2 inch slick, forgot about those. I’ll pass on the stick shift though. Had one as a kid, not fun when you fall on it.

I gotta say that this has merit, and I truly believe Ant is the guy to make it happen. Why? Because he spends time talking with folks out there on the message boards that are interested. He has asked for their opinions (ie: the customers) and is now trying to develop the “product” to suit demand. Will it be a success? I don’t know. Can it be a success? Yes.

I know what Ant is aiming for here: a TRUE old school series on genuine Old School bikes. Anything pre-1990 I assume. Back when we all had 1″ headtubes, stems that had the bolt-n-wedge holding them in, no clips & Comp IIIs.

The idea is to have this series planned out in advance and possibly running at the state races (right Ant?). This way the folks that might come out for this will have plenty of advanced notice and hopefully provide a good turnout.

Anthony is not just trying to create another class for all of us, but to get the guys that have not come back to the track to dust off their rides and come out for the day, show off their bike, and putter around the track, although I’m sure there will be a few who will get on it. Hopefully these old school dudes have kids now, and will bring them, and we will show this sport to a few more people.

Its all about growing the sport and having fun, right?

And if you think this is a crazy idea, go check out a minor league sporting event and see all the whacky stuff they do to keep folks coming out to the game.

BIGANT-DOG

craig i like some your ideas.

CWCCRIDER

Plus make it a old school bike show

I love looking at all them Freestyle and race bikes

bmiddaugh

Excellent job man.
    I’m looking forward to this, I’m hoping this will bring even MORE older riders who back new (read: old ideas that are new again) ideas for BMX in all it’s forms in NJ.

BIGANT-DOG

Guys I am sidetracked with my wife’s car right now, (freaking car dealers!!!!!!!!!) But I am doing my research and trying to use all of the ideas i see. (bike show was already one of em. hehe) Will have some rules and ideas posted this weekend.

s4lnj

pm me if you need mechanical advise

now I am really going to have to put that pro-styler together! and hit up some new tuffs!

BIGANT-DOG

Wrote out some rules and am now gonna try and get some SPONSORS…

BIGANT-DOG

CJS has stepped up and will be a sponsor of the series, still trying to get a few more.

sped30

I would love to race this class. old school 4130 frame and flat petals. Thats what i race on now.

BIGANT-DOG

This class is gonna be a success, i can feel it and maybe just maybe, the NBL will take notice, I have mentioned it to kevin o’brien and he likes the idea.that WE in new jersey are trying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.