Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. i am no longer allowed

• This topic has 13 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    loudogg666

to ride my bike.

BIGANT-DOG

wtf

rodney

WHY???????wait how old are you?????????

rodney

meanwhile your brother does drugs and its ok?????

loudogg666

yeah dude. it makes no sense. my dad told me i had to grow up.
    screw him. i’m going riding anyway. its just going to be underground styles from now on, i guess.

RaidenHayden

Lou, same prob here and I’m 40, yeah I still ride, Uh haven’t talked to them either

bmiddaugh

Lou,
    I suggest you go to your local library and read some of Joseph Campbell’s work.
    His insight into why some of us are the way we are would be instrumental in your situation.

You are grown up, you have realized that you are different and unique when compared with others. To stop that now at this point in your life will only lead to despair, anger and regret when you get…older.
    Go ride your bike, read some philosophy and realize unfortunately in life there is an us and a them.
    The important thing to realize is that you must only listen to you.

4130forlife

fuk that.. if you stop riding because someone says you should.. then you arent a bike rider after all

rodney

GOOD stuff !!! from both Brett and Legend

bmxmom156

sorry for being nosey but what was the precipitating event that led to this decision by your dad?

just trying to help

loudogg666

the fact that i’m going to college next year and that i need a better job then the one i have. and the fact that he has hated flatland ever since i started about 6 years ago.
    i mean i’m not going to quit, thats way to hard. i went riding with erin donato at metro park for two hours. and my dad thought i was hanging out with one of my friends. thanks brett, i will definitely look into it.
    i never plan on quitting, and probably never will. i was just so pissed off about it. its crazy how i go through all the tough sh*t in life, but my brother can pass by with a 1.5 gpa in school and do drugs every weekend and have my dad buy him a $4,000 dollar truck.
    its just retarded.
    but hey, i came up with a new link last night.

XMotoXchick

You have shown in your statement that you clearly know right from wrong and you will see in life that your family doesn’t always have your best interest at heart even tho they should. Its very unfortunate. You have to always believe in what you feel right. Keep riding. 😀

bmxmom156

wow sorry to hear that..i dont know about the $4000 truck -that dosnt make sence to me but without knowing all the facts, i am assuming your dad may be ( thats a big maybe) trying to pull the reigns in on you in an attempt to avoid having you go down the same path as your bro? i may be totally off base here but i had a friend who similar thing happened the parents oldest kid was so talented/ smart in school/ the most amazing self taught guitarist with so much potential… started hanging with druggies/ and then dabbled in it himself..before you knew it he was breaking into houses/no college/ and in big time trouble..now the younger bro is a really straight- arrow kid works out all the time big into sports but not as committed to any one thing, still trying to find his way in life… as of yet he hasnt made any decisions.. and the dad rides him big time..he is always sayng he is trying to avoid making the same mistakes( giving too much freedom, stuff etc) but in actuality he is pushing him away in the process…

you need to be the one to follow your heart and do what makes you happy. as long as you stay out of trouble,contribute to the family( whatever you all have agreed on) you are showing responsibility, have you offered to do stuff like mow the lawn, help your dad out with stuff(without being asked)?? something that will bring you together on another level..?? just a thought.

parents sometime need you to let them know whats on your mind as well.communication is key he may not even know how you feel…

good luck..

BIGANT-DOG

Lou i hope you got my message,and I think i see why your dad is so tough on you, he has given up on your brother, but not you.(I am not on his side in any shape or form) It is a shame he thinks like that. BTW Iam 37 and my father still can’t figure out why i do what I do. I know this is gonna work out.

s4lnj

i have a reply– but no time to type– call me if you get a chance
    609-680-9666

dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.