Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum hows joisey doing in ohio?

• This topic has 15 voices and 108 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    moderator2

@bmxmom156 wrote:

about how many nj riders went does anyone know? seems like more than i expected to go.

32 or more riders went to Ohio. Only 24 riders raced the cup, 10 made there mains. There were 128 NJ riders qualified for the Presidents Cup race.

moderator1

@4130forlife wrote:

and who the hell FORGOT the damn NJ banner.. we looked like f**k clowns with that orange paper with nj written on it in marker.. unreal

So we looked really professional then…..

@4130forlife wrote:

and its pathetic that we didnt have more nj state series racers there..

You were there, why didn’t you race. Represent…..Dave LOL

This is something that needs to be worked on for next year.

4130forlife

i didnt race because i didnt spend my 138$ to get a computer generated piece of paper that was laminated

BUT i was there.. supporting and drinking.. haha

BIGANT-DOG

and its pathetic that we didnt have more nj state series racers there..

Alot of this has to do with money. Me and lisa were talking, and we both agreed that we have to get more local buisness involved. It would be wonderful if we could raise money to defer some of the cost for those who do race the p-cup. I think if we could acomplish that, more riders would show up.
    [/php]

TenaciousD

What would you suggest get deferred ?

The cost of the jersey and the entrance fee goes back to the rider already.

Other then that it’s the cost of gas, hotel, and the jacked up price of food in the hotel that drains the wallet.

I really don’t think its the cost that concerns alot of people. I think its the time in which the race takes place. Just because x number of people went last year or the year before doesn’t mean those same people plus others are gonna go.

We left at 11:45pm on Christmas night and got there at 7:15 am….how many people want to do that year after year ?

bmiddaugh

We left at 11:45pm on Christmas night and got there at 7:15 am….how many people want to do that year after year ?

…judging by the numbers presented….

25%…

Just a little math… 😀

<stinker

BIGANT-DOG

As much as I love bmx this is one race I can’t go to. Why? I like being around my family. A part of me wants to be there( a big part ) at the same time I can’t see leaving on Xmas day to go to a race. But at one point in my “career” I may go to this race, but not anytime soon.

But I would not tell anyone not to go, it does look like a fun time.

BIGANT-DOG

Dan I was talking about hotel rooms. that is a major cost to some people.

bmxer901

I remember back a few years ago for one year nj did pay for your hotel/jersey and entry fee. I noticed a decent amount of sponsors on the jerseys. If you dont mind me asking does anyone know what it takes to be on the jersey as a sponsor. I am just woundering becuase that is always beeing brought up by the state about how much they cost. Back at the beggining of the year I wanted to look into beeing a sponsor and I was shot down.
    Anyway after going to this race for like 6 yrs in a row now we look forward to this race more than any other race. Even though NJ never really supports each other at this race you still feel the excitment of all the other teams and a constant cheer from all over the arena. I would like to thank the matos family for their constant cheer and letting everyone in the hole area that there was a nj rider on the track through out the entire 3 day event.
    It was a long weekend so I dont really remember everyones finishes. It was written down but its now lost. sorry
    victor got:
    pres.
    20″
    1,1,1 QT 1 semi, 3rd 4th in main
    24″
    1,1,1 4th in semi 6th in main
    I got
    4,4,4, 6th in semi
    day 1
    20″
    1,1,1 2nd qt 3rd semi and 5th in main
    24″
    1,1,2 and 5th in semi
    I got
    2,2,6 and 3rd in main
    shan swenson got
    1,1,1 1st in main

day 2
    1,1,2 2 in qt 5th in semi
    3,2,2 5th in semi
    I got
    3,4,4 4th in main
    shan
    1,1,1, 1st in main.

Even though victor wasnt able to hold it up in the main events everyone was still really proud of him and avent showed they had his back by offering him a full factory offer for the 2008-2009 seasons. Many people got to see his ne avent tr7 frame which will not even be available for another few weeks and everyone had comments. Only one other rider has one that races the nbl and thats their factory aba rider who races nbl and aba.
    Dave im sorry it looks like im ditching my s-n-m .38 special. They offered me a big bro discount on the frame and I can’t turn it down. Looks like im going back to alum.

bmxmom156

congrats to victor..hes worked hard for the ride…. good luck in 08!!

bmxer901

Rich if your out there heres to a speedy recovery! When I saw you at the track didnt even know you were injured.

bmiddaugh

No sponsors big or small are getting shot down again.

And remember…

It’s a tax write-off!!

BIGANT-DOG

Even though victor wasnt able to hold it up in the main events everyone was still really proud of him and avent showed they had his back by offering him a full factory offer for the 2008-2009 seasons

congrats. and another jersey guy does good.

4130forlife

carl, youre killin me, haha

victor is rad.. even tho he is a pain in the ass.. haha

BIGANT-DOG

Is the S&M for sale? LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.