Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum How many full factory guys??

• This topic has 12 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Put money into scholarship or bonds.
    You can be a “paid” am.

And yes the money is not out there to do that right now in racing…

RaidenHayden

The problem is you are comparing apples to oranges, factory then, and factory now have different meanings, and there wasn’t the different level of teams. Factory, shop, and team. CDR, we had a setup where if you got top three you got money, our rooms were paid for, entry fees for most were up to us. ABA grands were paid, today that would be a factory deal. We were a shop team out of PA

bmiddaugh

Factory is factory.
    Come on!!!!!

You either get the full hookup or not?

87 or 2008, whatever, a full on ride does not change.

In effect, REAL full factory rides are few and far between.

I’m not watering this down so some kid can feel good about being full factory ’cause they got a jersey and a frame.
    Cause they aint.

4130forlife

well no factory wants to pay for 684068068 nationals a year plus hotel, plus food, plus parts

doesnt matter how good you are

s4lnj

factory and racing with factory support are two differemnt things. i get what you are saying brett, but the full ride is long gone.

dave– come on man, you are killin me!!!! i had every intention of being team pbr next season, then you told me there would be no team pbr. so i was just gonna pimp the scarred 4 life thing, then tuckahoe asked me to ride for them . you were out of the picture, and scarred 4 life was at a stand still, so i said sure. so as of right now, i’m team tuckahoe, i haven’t heard from them since the end of the season, so if that doesn’t pan out, i will be at your door step. sorry man, we can still throw back a few though. long live drunkenville!!!

4130forlife

pbr isnt going anywhere.. ill still have the best drunken, stylin, dont care team ever in jersey.. and i think jessica becott said there was no tuckahoe team

moderator2

There are teams out there that still offer the full Factory ride. You don’t see many of the east coast NBL riders getting this deal but the ABA west coast riders are in a completely different league.

s4lnj

and i think jessica becott said there was no tuckahoe team

well, if that’s the case, and you will have me, i’ll will gladlly ride for pbr..

BIGANT-DOG

Well i geuss CJS is grassroots. I get a sweet discount on stuff. (so does the whole team) And al is also a great friend. And the one thing i love is we are all family. We help each other out when needed. I could have not raced P-town last year if not for them. oh btw his wife can build a killer set of wheels.

4130forlife

dave.. you are on the team.. if you wish..

and on that note.. ill have another beer:)

AirportFF

I think what Bill was getting at was the fact that in the early 80’s factory teams were HUGE. Look at how many guys were on some of the teams like Redline, GT, Powerlite, Diamond Back, etc.

BMX was THE sport back then. Giving HUGE profits to these companies. They, in turn, had huge teams to further promote their products.

Nowadays, BMX is struggling to stay afloat. The companies don’t have the cash flow to support what we view as a “factory” team.

Look at Kuwahara. They came out with their new stuff, what, about a year ago? They brought in a lot of big names to promote it. And I’ll bet that as soon as what little hype they have dies down. There will be a major cut on their team. (Warwick is gone) Upshaw may be next if his behavior doesn’t improve.

They simply can’t afford the “full” factory type rides for the amount of people that they have. It would bankrupt some of these companies. So they get 1 or 2 big names to the full deal and throw a bunch of factory jerseys on some kids that they pay a portion for.

Look at Jenna Sagendorg from NY. I think she races 9 or 10 girls. She is on Factory Track Stars. They gave 2 uniforms, a helmet, either a complete bike or F/F and are paying for 10 nationals. Not travel or lodging. But since it’s her first sponsor and her sister, Desiree, brings her around it’s a great deal FOR HER.

Is it the full factory ride of BMX’s heyday? Absolutely not. But it’s better than paying for all that crap out of your own pocket and it may open other doors for her.

4130forlife

haha street riders have it good.. racing has crap.. dude the etnies tour bus..its unreal.. fox riders get paaaaid..racings is not popular..

its sad isnt it

RaidenHayden

That was all I was saying,here on the east, we have to build the programs up if you wanna see that kind of money again. And the example I used was only a shop team from years ago, now that would be a factory deal LOL. Gone are the days of 60 motos at Bradddock, 45 motos at Cj, or 40 motos at HC, and with that all the money that was available.

All you that want a return to that, you really need to look at what is really going on, how this is promoted. Does your local track really go out and try to attract riders, or do they depend on the sanctions for that.

BMX needs a marketing firm for growth, sorry I hijacked the thread

BIGANT-DOG

BMX needs a marketing firm for growth,

And if people would think outside the box this could happen.

4130forlife

This will not turn into a bashing thread.
    Edited by Mod 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.