Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old How does the aba software work?

• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Can anyone enlighten the people here?

kevh

What do you want to know?

bmiddaugh

How easy is it to install?
    How many copies is each track allowed?

RaidenHayden

I’ll call Kev and get him in touch with you, or have him post, didn’t seem difficult

Kevin

Just got off the phone with Bill…yes, the ABA software is basically the “Moto-Builder for Dummies” and can be installed in any computer pretty much.

Hey..If I can do it anyone can. Also..the Moto maker software is updated constantly and any changes are either sent by disc or emailed if you want and doesn’t cost you a dime.

By far, and this is not to get the NBL people here in an uproar, much…there is no comparing this program to anything they have, period. It is used at all ABA tracks so what is being done in NJ is being done in Alaska, or Pa, or wherever there is an ABA Track.

The support staff is excellent as well..Even if you are having a problem at a race on a Sunday afternoon..you can reach one of the directors and he will get it figured out for you. I have on occassion had to do just that and it was great.

So, yes..very easy, excellent support, excellent program. Why anyone would want to do it otherwise is beyond my comprehension!

Kevin

kevh

Easy to install, unlimited use.

The backend DB could use a little work to make it better for connecting to a website, mail merge or mail list.

We just ask the aba for a membership update file every now and then, always at the begining of the season minimum. This gives us every member with updated number and class. We get all the surrounding states so we rarely have someone come to the track that we don’t already have in the computer.

Now if they would just set it up so we don’t need to mail them a copy of the score sheets, it would be perfect. I don’t see why a simple ftp can’t be setup.

bmiddaugh

hmmm, so there is no special like say…hardware thing you need to run it?

kevh

Nope, I had it on 2 laptops with a cross over cable and subst a floppy drive to be the other laptop so we could take registration on 2 machines at a time.

Kevin

Nope..and KevH…I heard that they are working on being able to go to a “Non_paper” results whereas you can just download the finishes and fire them off over the net! Will make for less bookeeping.

BTW..the program does just that also..bookeeping, works like a cash register..all you have to do is type in the amount that you are charging for a race and it automatically tallies up the total as you go along. It even has discounts and free races for officals, or whatever promotinal thing you are running, built in.

Can also be set up to run two or three moto tranfer..does mailing labels..can keep track of how many wins a rider has..even how much money a rider raised for the Race for Life..it’s all in there and can be run on anything..except DOS!! (Snicker)

kevh

Cool, we have been on them for a year or 2. It doesn’t help them when 2 track people are computer geeks. LOL

We were thinking about trying to pay the TORF via credit card to earn reward points.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.