Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Help needed

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Susan

Many of you might have known Ricci Branca. For those who don’t, Ricci (17) was killed not long ago by a drunk driver. He was on his bike with other riders. Two others were injured.

I would like to pass along what Patmos Park is planning if anyone is interested.

The Branca Family and Patmos Team is working on a Jam to show love for one of our own and to make sure his memory never fades. PATMOS and Shore Fellowship Church has been touched so much by Ricci and his family that the idea birthed to have a shed in the PATMOSPARK that would be called “RICCI’S SHEDâ€ÂÂ￾ that we would fill with bike and skate parts to give away to kids that needed them. I am thinking primer orangish-red frames (I know Ricci would get a kick out of that). And the requirement to get a frame or part would be to write a thank you to his parents Ricky & Sherri and sis Adriene Branca. We will also have a memorial in the park with words about our solider Ricci.

The idea: Sunday September 24th

To round up at the EHT BMX track at 2:00pm or before and at 3:00pm start the “RIDE FOR RICCIâ€ÂÂ￾ down to the future site of PAMTOS PARK (Shore Fellowship) where all the ramps and dirt jumps will be set up. We will just jam out, no contests, no awards just do what Ricci would love… RIDE. Food, drinks and shirts will be there for sale to raise money for “RICCI’S SHEDâ€ÂÂ￾ Also free stickers, to be exact 5,000. And when the sun goes down we will end with a bonfire, so bring your marshmallows.

We are putting together an ad book now to give out at the jam. We will be asking for donations from businesses and people who would like to memorialize Ricci. So if you know a business or person who would be down to support, have them call Dan at 214-0289.

Let’s do this right, troops!!!

THE PLANS ARE IN!

What’s up supporters?

Great news, Dave Scheidegg our engineer finished the site plans on Monday (7/31/06).
    And I had the opportunity to hand deliver them to the EHT Municipal Department. The lady who took the plans is Terry W. She was so excited for us. Looks like we are wrapping up the site plans and will be on the building plans soon.

Start rounding up a squad of people who want to help build.

bmxer901

susan ill get ahold of a couple of people i have in mind to show up at the jam. But i thought that the park was supossed to be completed by the first week in sept? Just woundering.

bmxer901

susan ill get ahold of a couple of people i have in mind to show up at the jam. But i thought that the park was supossed to be completed by the first week in sept? Just woundering.

bmxer901

Susan

Since it is non-profit, the fundings are coming in slowly.

I personally can’t wait for the opening. It will give the locals and others a place to ride safe out of the wheels of drunk drivers

Susan

Since it is non-profit, the fundings are coming in slowly.

I personally can’t wait for the opening. It will give the locals and others a place to ride safe out of the wheels of drunk drivers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.