Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… Introduce Yo’ Self Hello from Memphis, TN

• This topic has 5 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    80_PRO-LINE

I discovered this site the other night and signed up so I just wanted to introduce myself. I’m Greg Friend and I just turned 40 this year.

I was born & raised in Freehold so Howell was my hometown track where I did most of my racing in the early to mid-80s. I attended the 1981 Bob Haro freestyle show at Bicycle World and competed in an Iron Man Classic or two. I also raced some at Long Branch, Englishtown and a few times in Flemington.

I still have my bike. It’s a time capsule frozen in time when I stopped BMX racing as I started going to college in 1985. You can see it here: Red Line Pro-Line

4130forlife

nice to meet you.. welcome to hell.. i also have bikes on bmx museum

Hey Greg welcome. My sister now lives in Freehold. My only memory of it was having to drive thru its circle to get to the Monmouth NBL track.
    By 81 I raced only ABA and in Sept. moved to California so we probably
    didnt cross paths as it sounds like if you raced in 81 it was probably NBL or WWBMXA.

You got any of the old WWBMXA newsletters or point standings?

80_PRO-LINE

Yeah, I generally stuck with NBL competition. I don’t have any of the old point standings, flyers or BMX magazines anymore. 🙁

Glad to still have my bike though as that’s the best part!

CrazyCraig

Greg, welcome to the site!

I scoped out the pic of the Pro-Line, and I have one question, and its really for all the early 80’s dudes on this site:

How in the world did we race these bikes???? —

Seriously, love the bike, you are right, its a time capsule for sure. Wish I held onto all my old bikes, but who knew?

Welcome aboard, and don’t take most of what’s said on here too seriously, except for when we get talking about serious subjects. 8)

loudogg666

damn, that bike looks like nothing compared to the ones they have now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.