• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

dan has a cane creek s2 on his bike right now…he was looking to replace it since its been on there for like 5 yrs( yea he gets his moneys worth out of parts… he is real fanatic about maintanance so things just last long with him)

anyway he got his new xl frame and was “chatting” about the cane creek s6…i may want to get it for him since his old one prob needs to be replaced…( as a suprise)

how long should a headset be used/ whats the max life you get out of it and has anyone used the cane creek s6 before? i know someone on rk had it a few yrs ago but any info you can offer is helpful. is the s6 that much better than the s2? all i know is its a road bike headset? and pretty light?

my husb is not a headset expert either so i figured i would ask here first

rod any thoughts??

4130forlife

until it breaks

BIGANT-DOG

Deb I am no pro but I had a sealed headset(shimmano) and it exploded. I use a “normal” fsa pig unsealed. No probs. TO me I can’t understand spending 100 bucks on a headset. But that is my choice. Your son is not a thrasher he is a smooth rider. So a fsa should work fine. Oh check your pm’s

bmxmom156

oh he has an s1 not an s2

he has an fsa on his jump bike i think he really likes the cane sealed.. ( who knows why)i dont know one from another but if it lasts that long it must be made well i assume??

i will talk to him about the pm and he can get back to you he has an acct here now finally…lol

merry christmas!!

BIGANT-DOG

Deb thanks. Chasing dan and the rest of the “kids” the last 6 weeks of the year helped me focus for next season.

bmxmom156

yea to bad you cant fast fwd to march..haha

loudogg666

i rode my headset till it broke, which also broke my fork.

bmxmom156

ok thanks. i didnt know if a headset needed to be changed when the frame is changed. years ago when we swapped frames up in size like almost every yr you automatically had to get new headsets… rounded out or broke all the time i guess its the alum/wt thing back then..thank god he is more chromoly minded now i guess things just last longer?? what do i know…haha

boy the bottom bracket wasnt easy getting that out. how long does that last?? i heard alot of banging going on last night…lol

loudogg666

i’ve had the same headset for over four years.
    and bottom brackets are such a pain in the ass.

adamguild

I miss Tioga MX-2 .. A-head sucks ass

adamguild

I miss Tioga MX-2 .. A-head sucks ass

rodney

GT epoch,with the weird spring?????

rodney

GT epoch,with the weird spring?????

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.