Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill Clinic

• This topic has 7 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

I want to thank everyone who came out to the Greg Hill clinic this weekend. I hope everyone had a great experience, learned a lot, and will put this knowledge to use. I can’t believe the things Greg had me change made a big difference in my riding so soon. Hats off to Greg. This was the best clinic I have ever attended.

O and I had a chance to ride his new aluminum 20â€ÂÂ￾ and boy that thing rides sweet.

CrazyCraig

As a “salesman” by trade, I have been to alot of seminars in the last 15 years. I can honestly say that Greg could give a seminar to just about any organization about the mental aspects of training and preparedness. I think every adult that was there this weekend would agree with me that you can take alot of what Greg said and apply it to other areas of your life and see results.

I think this weekend was the first time I ever truly “trained” in BMX (or any other sport). So far I had been happy to lose 25 pounds and be back on the track, but things have not clicked from week to week. Even in the past I never followed a training program or regimen. Jess and me posted in another thread how neither of us could walk very well afterwards. My thighs and calfs are killin me…and I’m happy about it!

My son is 5 years old, and he attended with me. Those who were there saw that his attention span was limited, and all he wanted to do was ride, but Greg had alot of patience with him. My son was still talking about the seminar today and can’t wait to get back and practice.

Thank you Greg for coming out and Rich for putting this all together, you went above and beyond to do this. Thanks also to Rich Carolan for assisting Greg. Lastly, thanks to all the riders and parents who were there and helped with my son, it meant alot, you made him feel very important and kept him out of harms way when I was on the track or in the other group.

C-ya at the next race!

Craigmeur77

Rich,

Thanks so much for putting this together. This was actually my second Hill clinic, the first was last July before I even started riding and racing again. Now that I have almost a year under my belt, the skills, as well as the importance of a regular training program and mental preparedness that Greg teaches have context and make so much more sense. I came away from this clinic with a clear vision of the training I need to do and how each piece of my training regimen will effect my performace on the track. Exactly what I needed.

Rich D’Amico

p.s., my legs, especially my calfs, are killing me today!

yeah man , thank you Mr. FARSIDE !!! i have imporved and so has my brother . HE now realises the importances of traning ….. Hats off to MR.FARSIDE and MR.HILL. GREAT GREAT WEEKEND.

LeadSled1

I think some of the best parts of it was the simplicity he used. Definately a K.I.S.S. program. The pump laps are great. If you think about it you are manualling into the face of the jump, as you lift your front end first in a bunny hop (pull manualling). When you bunny hop down the back side of the jump this is just like exiting a pull manual. In order to fully pull manual the same jump all you have to do is bridge the two bunny hops by pushing the back wheel down and keep the front tire up.

Greg is a straight shooter and has some great stories. I liked just sitting back and listening.

I have yet to win a national since coming back last season. I have an ass load of second places. I want to see if this will get me past that road/mental block. I want to win, I do not need to.

Rich, thanks for getting this set up. We need to keep on this training as the next month is going to fly by.

Jess

s4lnj

very gladthat i was able to make at least one day–i learned alot–

and rich was killing the new prototype frame!!!!!!

LeadSled1

Dude, where did you go? I had your $6 and couldn’t find you? 😆

DigetyelaD

yeah i got to say i was pretty damn impressed i am actually motivated to ride agian

s4lnj

jess– had to get rollin… father’s day festivities to attend to — i wasn’t too worried about the $6… i’m sure i’ll see ya again. i actually needed to talk to ya about getting down to blue diamond sometime anyway

dale — i know what ya mean– i can’t wait to get back to the track— unfourtunatelly, with some things coming up, i’m like a week and a half out still

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.