Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Get in Shape and Help with a greater cause!

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pjtaft

Coming up very soon, is the American Cancer Society’s Relay for life.
    http://www.cancer.org You can find your local event, and they are doing an Overnight walk / Run within the next month or two,.. I can’t think of a better way for a bunch of out of shape Former Riders to start,.. 18 hour walking relay!! all the while helping others by raising funds for Cancer Research,.. and Really Who among us hasn’t had a Life Impacting experience with Cancer, through friends, family, and Co-riders.

Although I no longer live in NJ,. I will always be a Jersey Guy. I am currently working on getting a team together at Church to walk. Not issuing a challenge yet,.. but as son as I have a team firmed up,.. IT’S COMING!!!

Wrecking Crew Will Live On!! Myself and Craig Wilson successfully did the MS coast the coast 170 mile ride,.. Craig,.. do you realize how flipping long ago that was? YIKES!! My knees already hurt!

CrazyCraig

I really miss those “Coast the Coast” MS Rides. They were cool. If I recall, I was the only one who finished, but that was only because your knee screamed at you too much down the stretch. I did it again the following year after I met Christine, she thought I was nuts at the time to do 170 miles in two days!

Pat’s on the right track here folks. Many different charities have walks and rides, so go find one that feels good to support, and get in shape at the same time!!!

Brett, as we start finding the links, maybe you can set up another section in the “links” section for all the legit charities, at least the ones with walks & rides. Whaddya think?

Anonymous

Interesting……….I will be hiking the “Batona Trail “in the next month or so and was actually thinking of doing it for a cause like this………

CrazyCraig

Go for it Adam!

bmiddaugh

Sounds cool Craig…just pm me and make sure you tell me what percentage of the dollar goes to the cause and what percentage goes to admin costs…
    We all know the deal with some “charities”.

CrazyCraig

If you decide to set up a link section for charities, I will qualify any charities I submit to you.

I am not going to go looking for them all, but rather hope that anyone out there that knows about them will submit the link to you via PM to put in that section.

bmiddaugh

kicking!
    I’ll get it going tomorrow night!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.