Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ? for pros and fast experts

• This topic has 9 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

in an effort to create an affordable, yet worthwhile pro/am series, i have need some input–

how much is too much to race a local pro/am $20? $25? $30?

would you rather have a larger pot for the races, or a smaller pot with a year and total points award?

any input would be very helpfull

thanks in advance

dave

tuffneck

if this is the first year i would keep the fee at 20$ and then raise it next year if this year goes good thats only my opion i dont race but was involved in past years good luck with the event.

CrazyCraig

$20 is reasonable, I think, but I would expect folks to pay more for the pro-am than the regualr entry fees for any given event.

Gotta get sponsors to Pony up some $$$.

bmxmom156

just a thought … i think ifyou make the fee too high you will scare these guys awy..remember many of them are working/ on their own its not like parents are footing the bill/paying for races… if they dont race locals because of the money factor( some of them i am told) then putting a fee over $20 is prob not going to attract them. remember these will prob be at state races its not a national. lke someone said keep it reasonable the first year, establish a rider base for the open then if you want to raise it next yr based on the responce this yr so be it. i dont think you will be getting a big draw if you charge over $20. it has to be accessable to the average rider too. there are some riders who are still” on the edge” of making the main at these events, you still want to encourage them to come and race.. i have heard comments when i try to get opens going at howell… “why should i pay $20 to give it to phil” this is coming from older experts who may or may not make the main. you want to keep them interested they are the up and coming riders… i would think getting them as well as the “harley kellys” of racing would make a successful season.they have to see making the main as attainable thats the bottom line. the more diversified the mix of riders the better.

dont overprice it or be greedy..i guess thats my point. my son races the open i will ask him to come on when he gets home to see this post. he races with some faster kids but they just dont have that kind of cash to hand over.

s4lnj

my original thaught was 25— with part of that going towards a year end prize– but i thought that seamed high for a local(open or not)..

i think 20 is good, but if there is going to be a decent pay out, the year end has go by by. but i don’t think that would be an issue.

just to clarify– no greed here. i get nothing. in fact i loose, i’ll be putting up the whole shot money plus paying to race (i wont be winning lol)

dave

bmxmom156

sorry dave i didnt mean greed in ref to you i meant in the whole entry fee thing… i know you dont get anything in fact you are putting in to it..time is money and i am sure all the riders appreciate you putting this together..

i dont know what ct does for the end of yr championship we only pd $10 when we did the warrior races…but then again they ONLY pay out to top3.. which is another option but i think that would discourage riders and i saw them sit if they didnt make top 3 in the last straight no “fighting for spots till the end” which is more exciting i think… to each his own i guess..

maybe whoever sponsors it could put aside a certain amt for the end and maybe make the races $20 with $5 of that going toward the end? i dont know its a good place to ask right here for sure… i know the person who started it up there has a certain amt just say $2000, for example, put aside for it , it wasnt only based on the rider entry fees)

bmiddaugh

Dave, maybe you should start pming Craig, he seems really pumped on this idea, has an excellent business persona….
    WTF does that mean…lol…

I mean he is the kind of person who can walk up to a businessman and the guy will say, “This guy looks and acts professional, I have to look into this more”…

As opposed to say…me, who is all “dude, this stuff rocks you gotta check it, these racers RIP it up”, lol

bmiddaugh

This idea will never fly until riders are in charge.

s4lnj

i’ve come to realize that— maybe we could concentrate on a single track– cj seems open to new ideas

dave

bmiddaugh

or maybe we should concentrate on

a whole new track.
    😯

bmxmom156

as long as its in north jersey…
    sorry i couldnt resist….

RaidenHayden

Deb, when you starting one, soon, then we’ll have two

bmxmom156

hey i was looking for this post on thenj site then i realised it was here. any news on this series for this yrs nj state series?

i havent heard any chatter about it was wondering if they are going to try it like they do the warrior series in ct?

any thoughts???

RaidenHayden

State of what? State of confusion maybe

bmiddaugh

hey i was looking for this post on thenj site then i realised it was here. any news on this series for this yrs nj state series?

LOL…you kill me!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.