• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I geuss he got hurt bad.

thread from vintage.

http://oldschoolbmx.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27006516

he had to get surgery, that sucks. Rupe was one of the guys i looked up to as a “youngin”

4130forlife

he shouldnt be clipped in

RaidenHayden

Dave, uh I think you have had some bad bails in your career, one that stands out was at the old Seacacus track, your face got pretty messed up, remember, uh are you saying you were wearing clips then. Crashing in BMX happens, clips or no clips. Everyone just wish Big Daddy get well soon

4130forlife

yeah, but i was going for style points, that table top i had goin was like 10 feet off the jump into the 1st turn man

RaidenHayden

Yeah and Travis Postany was going for style points too! The point is you can get hurt no matter what in BMX, and we should focus more on “Hey get better soon” and not clips suck

I think we should be focusing on building safer tracks. I wonder how many times BITD Eric had to be operated on? For me it was zero and I raced a gazillion times in tons of states.

Top Pro rider after top rider gets hurt so bad, The list is so extensive now I wont bother to name all the Pros that got operated on because of crashes on todays tracks. Can you imagine how 16 Experts or Novices handle todays tracks? O thats right don’t have to worry since they are not signing up in droves anymore.

I never hung out with Eric but he has a reputation as one of the nicest pros in BMX. I hope this doesn’t end his career.

RaidenHayden

Again, BMX is a sport that you can get injured in. Braddock 1982, in practice, fyling down the second straight, a relatively easy section by todays standards, and BOOMF, I slipped a pedal at full speed going over that second speed bump, and caved a full face helmet in and had my nose hanging off. I need like 20 stiches in my nose, and 40 in my upper gum line. Bottom line accidents like what happened to Eric are rare, but can happen old or new school tracks. If I had my way we would go back to real doubles, not hollowed out table tops. Then you would hear bithcin

CrazyCooter

I always wanted to have something in common with a BMX racer like Eric Rupe…. just wish it was racing ability and speed, not injuries involving head surgery! 😳 🙄 😆

RaidenHayden

You know Chris, after my facail injury, I can’t image what you guys went through

BIGANT-DOG

I have never met him but he is one of the guys i looked up to as a “kid” I can’t stand to see anyone get hurt. Even if i can’t stand the person I would not want to see anyone laid up in the hospital. And chris I am glad that you are doing good. We need guys like you. I hope to see you at the jack frost even if you are not racing.

CrazyCooter

Bill and Ant, thanks. You guys will probably see me around the track this year, more than likely NOT on a bike though! Just too much on my plate and can’t afford the possibility of missing 3 and a half months of work again!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.