Homepage Forums NJ Freestyle Flatland Ed Nussbaum and Sick Child

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Ed and I went to Harvest Moon the other night and I was asking him about his plans. He told me Dylan Worsely is riding a prototype bike for Sick Child and that Ed will be moving to the San Diego area in the next week or so. People have been giving Ed flack lately about staying put and running Sick Child from NJ. I however agree that NJ is no place for pro flatlanders or flatland companies. Unless you have cash for warehouse space to ride its to cold here to be riding flat. What do you guys think? Lets face it the NJ flat scene of 10 years ago is scarce to say the least……

rodney

Who is giving him flack ?

Anonymous

Guess

bmiddaugh

Ed’s a great guy who really believes in flatland and should be given all the props he deserves.
    He should put his company anywhere he wants, he certainly seems to respect his joisey roots…jeesh.
    Might be cool though if Ed and Ralph teamed up and got a warehouse going, land is cheaper in south NJ.
    If the flatland guys got together and put out a united front to promote themsleves they would get a lot more recognition, which would bring in some sponsors and money.
    It’s a rough equation, sell out enough to make money but not lose the sould of what you love to do.

Anonymous

Ok from what I know of Ed he wants Sick Child is its own entity and I dont blame him. Shawn White who owns

now lives in San Diego and those two guys push each other with stuff so I think evrything will fall in place.

I am a flatlander at heart but I think that it is quite obvious that companies,riders and spectators prefer to concentrate on the ramp/street element in an economic sort of way.

Flatland by no means is dead or dying , it is just a misunderstood activity by those who dont partake in it. Simply go to http://www.flatlandfuel.com and see that Flatland is alive and thriving just on an underground level.

I honestly think the best thing that ever happened was flatland being taken out of the XGAMES (again just my anti-neon opinion). Now flatland is in the hands of the riders and it is up to them to sculpt the future.

bmiddaugh

It’s always best when riders are in control.
    I just feel that flat never gets the respect it deserves and I’d like these guys who bust their a** every day for nothing to get some kind of payoff. I want Joe Freakin’ Sixpacks money in the freestyle guys pockets.
    X-Games su*k.
    Dew Action Sports should do a series, they have their sh*t together. It’s still annoying a bit, but that’s because the glossy B.S. doesn’t fly with me.
    I have to disagree with the attitude thing, I don’t see too many good flatlanders dissing kids who are just starting or trying…
    but yea, they are gonna dis the 30-40 something dude who says, “yea man, the miami hopper days…now THOSE were tricks!” Because in effect they’re saying that the new stuff su*ks and only the old school is any good.

Anonymous

those fuckers are jealous.Miami Hopper isnt a trick it is filler……………
    Shows how close minded people can be. I bet most of those are the same asshole behind Bush and the lunacy party…………….I am actually willing to bet on it………………….Any Moron that spends 500 bucks on a Tufneck Stem on ebay deserves to be ruled by Bush…………………………………..

BIGANT-DOG

Personally i miss flat in the x-games. i ain’t no damn god at it, but i love to watch it. STUPID A-HOLES did not give it enough coverage. The dew tour to me seems better suited for flat. Better coverage and beter camera angles. Yoy can argue all you want but more exposure equals more flat riders. The secret is you have to have the riders in control.(Imean someone on a tv level) Hey brett don’t you know some one who is dew cup compettitor? Does the name cramer ring a bell. put a bug in his ear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.