• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

The state organization is allowed to take charitable contributions. It’d be cool if some people went out and started soliciting for donations for the coming year for NJBMX.
    It’s obvious where the money is going, to better BMX racing in NJ. So let’s step it up for all the racers in NJ.

4130forlife

im going to put one of my vintage bikes on ebay.. and ill donate the proceeds of it to the nj state series..

bmiddaugh

Mr. Pawson you realize of course that people who donate to NJBMX Inc. will have their name put on the new website. —

4130forlife

for my name.. put drunk guy who hates bmx racing, haha

bmiddaugh

lmao,
    yea, we’re gonna put the fun back in BMX baby.
    That’s why we started doing this as kids right?

ihatem

will it be tax deductable? People might want to know that.

bmxmom156

it should be as the state is a non profit with a tax id # . if the donation is over a certain amt i think the state can give them a copy of their form (maybe its a w9? or whateaver the non profits use)

from what i understand ( i have been told) that is the big advantage of being a 501c3 non profit… you can get big bucks from corporate sponsors but best be sure they will want to document that donation of course…

im sure someone here knows the exact procedure as they just did it with the carolan foundation.

bmiddaugh

Yes.
    It is a 501c3, yes it is tax deductible.
    Basic stuff.
    Next time you see Nancy Haugh say thanks, as she does all the paperwork to get the stuff in order. —

loudogg666

i donate 50 cents.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.