Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Delaware chrysler plant!

• This topic has 6 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    phantom

I just heard the bad news it will be closing in 2009.Cassidy and I go by that plant every sunday to the ice rinks what a shame and alot of good people will be out of work.The plant is huge and will just sit their empty.

kevh

Indoor track / Skatepark?

Sorry, I will wake up from my dream now.

bigtimber

all of the amrican car companyies are going to mexico to build cars for pennies on the dollar while unemployment goes up. korean cars, jap, german etc. are all building thier cars that they would ship here cause it costs less. Its everybody in the corporate offices, exects etc. making the big bucks while the average Joe gets the shaft. Thats the american way now. Not the hard working indevidual at the bottom of the totom pole on the assembly lines or in the warehouse trying to support his or her family keeping the roof overhead and the wolf away from the door. Oh thats not the amrican way anymore just the execs pockets. they are closing plants and putting more money into thier pockets. Look at the Home Depot ceo who just got the can and that explains everything. 😈

adamguild

America…What’s that????

kevh

The former CEO for Home Depot had a contract. He wasn’t a typical employee like you or I that can simply be fired. Home depot deserved to get hit like that because they made that deal.

But it does suck that management can do that but we can’t. We can get fired at will, basically.

adamguild

Ok lets list the reasons America is in the shape it is in…….Not pointing fingers here just a wake-up call.I am guilty of these too…

1) Illegal day labor immigrants
    2) The Catylytic Convertor/ Japanese takeover of the American Auto Market
    3) Americans buying cheap shit Chinese Products from the local Walmart…
    4) Technology boom and lack of educated Americans to keep up with technonlogical patents and inventions…
    5)Corporate/Government/Financial rule…..This combination has done more to put the small buisnessman into bankruptcy than any other factor…..

bmiddaugh

I gotta agree with 5 quite a bit and the sad thing is we just give it away.
    You look at a 401k statement and say woopee I made xxx.xx on an investment.
    But the real price will be paid by your kids…and that’s what a lot of people say they are doing it all for.
    Strange.

Here’s something funny.
    People will always do what is in their own best interest, but the problem is they don’t realize that what is in their own best interest is what is good for everyone not just themselves.

miken1973

Toyota, mercedes, bmw and nissan all have us plants and they are thriving?????? The problem is these companies squandered capital rather than fund benefits and pensions plans for there employees . I own a chevy malibu maxx which is a decent car but after owning it for almost three years I see the cheapness of the material and the corners cut that will most likley cause me to buy a japenese car next time. The little extra effort not put into the vehicle cost them. The us companies are behind in style and innovation and since the sales of suvs declined due to big oil they cannot compete. We cry about immigrants and imports from china killing america what does the tag on your clothes or toys say? Its our own fault. Rather than boycott and demand domestic goods you go for the best price. I am not going to throw rocks from a glass house I live in the real world and as guilty as the next guy but were victims of our own circumstances living in a instant gratification society. No one wants to put hard work or earn what they have when i was a teenager being a landscaper was the cadillac of summer jobs. Now its all illegals. They do the jobs we dont want but i respect them because its a hard days work and they do it without a sound but the joke is on us because while some think there profiting off cheap labor were getting the bill via record high property taxes for there education, healthcare, and other social services. My hats off to the newest endangered species the semi-skilled blue collar US factory worker.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.