• This topic has 7 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    TenaciousD

hey ya’ll

I raced BMX from 1985 to 1995.

Won Hunterdon County BMX Track Championships in 1991, 92, 93 and 94.
    Raced the state series just about every year i think along with nationals here and there.

Rode alot with the Godfreys, Brad Shepley, Matt Sherman (remember them ?)

Showed up at this years fall classic. That was a good time….felt like i never left. Was good to see people i used to race still gitten-er-done

And it really felt like old times when i did something stupid like race cavemans cruiser for his 2nd moto and went over the bars. im still limping because of that !

BIGANT-DOG

Hey dan if you want to ride with me to the ironman race you are more than welcome. It would be cool to have someone to ride with(my age) next season. (As in ride around this area)

mcmurth1

Dan,

It would have been nice to see you, but we couldn’t make the Flemington race. It’s been a long time and hope you are doing well.

It is still burned in my head when you passed Salzmann in the final turn to get Flemington #1 in points I think it was over Clampka (not sure of the spelling).

Regards,
    Tom McMurray

Caveman

Dan the man is back! And he already fell. 😆
    I think we were all in that moto where he passed Salzman. Me, McMurray, Lynch. And Dan was in the moto where Tom got hit by a twister. (Yes people, a twister touched down at Flemington and ripped Tom McMurray out of the air over the doubles on the 2nd straight!)
    Craziest thing I’ve seen on a BMX track. Ever.

Good times.

How’s the knee, Dan?

bmiddaugh

Dude, I totally believe that, the wind goes through those hills up there like crazy!

4130forlife

dan is a good guy.. im glad he was at flemington.. sucked that he fell.. but he took it like a champ.. hopefully he will get back out there and relive his youth.. just like all of us old fools

ham

bmiddaugh

Holy sh*t! That was you doing the OTB thing there!
    That was incredible and you jumped up like that wasn’t sh*t!
    You freaking rock bro!

TenaciousD

Thanks for the warm reception.

Wow, lots of memories brought up in just a few posts. Now that Dave mentions it, i do remember Tom getting Wizard of Ozz’d at the track.

And yes Tom, i too remember that day with all of us and John Salzman. I relive that day quite often like Al Bundy does about his QB days at Polk high… 🙂

One thing about that day no one knows though is that when we were on the cement pad getting ready for the 3rd moto, i threw up because i was damn nervous and had nowhere to spit it out so i swallowed it. That was nasty.

Never felt so much pressure in my life. Had to place one spot better then Klampka in my mottos.
    he gets 3rd, i get 2nd
    he gets 3rd, i get 2nd
    he gets 2nd, i get really nervous…..

last turn i brake checked john after doing a hi low move and won it.
    thats probably the main reason i stopped racing was because all that damn pressure year after year i put on myself
    Want to come back though and just have fun……on cruiser.

4130forlife

break out the brackens..

hey dan if you still have the tnt you told me about.. i want it

let me know

ham

miken1973

Hey dan still have that s&m mad dog frame the first one when they first came out. how about some s&b pedal cages. —- mike nunn

Caveman

By the way it wasn’t Chris Klampka you were battling, it was Scott Soffer right? You guys were like five points apart. I didn’t know about the vomit thing. That’s vile. I don’t think I want you wearing my helmet anymore 😆 😆

When I get a scanner I’ve got a shot from flemington in 95 of 18x snappin the gate with Diaz, Szawan, Shepley, Mlezco, Carolan, Luden, Vickers.

When I get a scanner…..

4130forlife

dave.. thats gonna be a great pic.. i def wanna see it

TenaciousD

Ha ha – no way…Mike Nunn, how you doing man ?

yeah, i still have the original S&M, minus the forks, i broke those a while ago.

Id have to look for the S&B cages..probably around somewhere.

Bikes i still have are the Brackens, S&M, TNT Pro XL, some Redline i got from somewhere thats painted blue over chrome, Billy Sidneys old MCS Mantis (?) mini cruiser, and Dave Godfeys old Kastan…you know, the one legged fork thing that looks really dangerous.

I dont know if i want to give up that TNT Ham,

its kinda like the guy that has the old 1978 Camaro sitting is his driveway for 20 years and has done nothing with it but yet cant bring himself to get rid of it either…

Dave, i think your right, the name was Soffer. I remember going into the last race of the year and him being ahead of me by X number of points and all i had to do was finish 1 spot better in my mottos then he did in his. I feel kinda bad about it though because i remember after it was over i saw his mom crying and all.

Man…all these names i remember are still around….starting to make me want to come back and race again.

4130forlife

billy sidney.. im pretty sure he passed away..he was from bridgewater right????

if you dont wanna part with the tnt… ill take the kastan with the uni blade

ham

TenaciousD

Yeah, he did pass away.
    Wound up hanging out with the wrong crowd. Sucks, he was from my neighborhood. If he had had stuck with it he could have been VERY good.

Im the one that got he and his father into racing. I still remember when i lent him my first BMX bike (Schwinn Predator) to go and race and they brought it back with a cracked frame..ha ha.

Had a friend weld it, i still have that thing..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.