Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… Introduce Yo’ Self Crazy Craig Wilson

• This topic has 5 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAH!!!

If you raced ABA in NJ from 83-89 (home track Braddock BMX), or NBL in NJ in 88 & 89, then you know who this is. Yeah, you either loved or hated the rebel yell I would let out at ANY given time.

I gotta thank Mr. Middaugh for putting together a kickin site. I stumbled across Broken Spokes about a month back, and now after signing onto the new site realize this will be THE PLACE for serious NJ BMX folk, young & old, regardless of your riding ability. You just have to LOVE BMX.

I’m back on a bike, losing weight, and looking to be back at the track sometime soon. 😀

bmiddaugh

Craig,
    You get special ranking man…
    I’ll have your Bio out to ya tonight, so start hunting for some old pics of your riding.
    Oh man, ’06 is gonna be nuts…

pjtaft

Craig, we need to find a you an Avatar of the Dire Straits Frontman with the Headband. Almost think you should use the Waldo !!
    Crazy Train Forever!

CrazyCraig

That avatar was the closest thing to a Pic of me (25lbs lighter maybe!). You remember me playing all that Dire Straits stuff, huh? I drove the whole crew crazy when I popped that stuff in. But hey, it was MY van, My music. I couldn’t listen to the heavy stuff all the time like the rest of you, but remember Clarke’s techno-reggae stuff?? Now THAT was weird stuff.

Crazy Train and Wrecking Crew. Two great teams, two great years. Even when you consider the softball through my windshield at the 1989 ABA East Coast Nats in MD. (who’s idea was it to put a BMX track behind right field?)

pjtaft

Sure, criticize that weekend,.. we spent the entire ride there re-building my bike onto your old Hutch FF, hit the track cold and smoked the class,..
    and you left out the Oingo Boingo.. or How about the trip to Garrett Mountain,.. or Punking Guido’s from Kearny up to the GWB… or bringing the James boys in from the City to ride…

CrazyCraig

Dude, yer bringin back some good memories…and Oingo Boingo rocked.

That was a fast build on the Hutch, you rocked it! Hate to say it, I actually don’t remember everything. We got a nice write up by the ABA for that weekend. I still have the clipping from the ABA rag.

Whoever is reading this, to comment about Garrett Mountain, try and picture this: Mr. PJTaft himself flying across a parking lot, he bunny hops the curb, but does not see the massive puddle “hiding” in the grass. His bike “sticks” the landing, and I mean sticks. It stopped in like 6 inches of unseen mud. PJTaft does a full OTB and lands full out, flat on his back in the puddle. All that was missing was a surfboard to hang ten on the wave that followed.

We gotta go back man! Any other No. Jersey crew out there? Share some stories, love to hear ’em!

pjtaft

I located Rob Dolecki, I sent him an Email…

http://www.qualiaphoto.com

rob doing a photo shoot of the return of the Legend,… break out the Team no-visor helmet

dunrite9

HEY Craig

I always heard the YEE HA behind me.

HA 😆 HA

Gess who

I just found this site and your the first one that I know, eggsplain that one

bmiddaugh

Welcome man! Any friend of Craig’s….well scares the heck out of me, lol…just kidding!, always stoked to see someone new on here!

CrazyCraig

Is that Mike Dunn from the Wrecking Crew???

…and Brett, if this is Dunn, neither he, or PJTAFT, deserve the rookie status. Both of these guys raced hard in 88 & 89 and helped make 89 probably the best year in BMX for me. The team just had THAT much fun! When I say no rest stop was safe this bunch, I mean it!! I was almost embarrased to hang with them.

…and if it wasn’t the rest stop, then it was the Domino Pizza guy that got abused at the hotel. And never mind the big a** guido’s at the boardwalk that these guys almost got tangled up with. We almost had a BMX rumble at the boardwalk in Ocean City!!

dunrite9

WRONG not even close.
    do you still grunt when you ride? 😆

CrazyCraig

I just lost 10 lbs, but still closer to 250 than 200, so yeah, I definitely grunt when I ride!!

Don’t think that will ever change!!

Dude, yer freaking me out!!

CrazyCraig

Okay, I’m finding out that Dunrite9 is not Mike Dunn and hopefully the mystery guest will sign in soon!

dunrite9

i know how you were so this is fun

CrazyCraig

The mystery guest has been unveiled, and only because I guessed right on the second try.

If you read my bio, I gave good props to this guy, but ripped him a little in a post under Kmart’s intro. So, yeah, I look like a sh*t right now.

But, no one raced harder than this guy. I truly wish we could have stayed an age class apart the whole time. We started out as friends and he will admit that I got him to his first race. We did some great road trips in ’84.

Actually, it’s because his older brother got a Schwinn Predator cruiser that made me try cruiser class. I’ll never forget going around Braddock on that stock Schwinn.

Brett, if you haven’t figured out who I’m talking about, first you better drop that rookie rating and upgrade Dunrite9 to NJ Vet. Yup, it’s my old nemesis, and hopefully friend once more.

Everyone say hello to Wogs. One of the best East Coast racers BITD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.