Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Trails Cranford Trails

• This topic has 6 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Are those still up???????

RaidenHayden

Man I use d to ride those with Chris Sloyan and I think Tom Gillespie, if they are up I’d hit

rodney

go and find out you are closer

BIGANT-DOG

They need alot of help, anyone up to it this year.

BIGANT-DOG

I was there last fall as a matter of fact. The potential is still there, but needs alot of cleaning up.

bmxlegend

yeah they are still there.. but they are terrible..those trails had their glory days back in 1991-94..the union crew..salzman, diaz, szwan, myself, jeff lamb, zalewski.. so many more..

matchsprint

I Made those trails. Chris sloyan and Tom Gillespie. Chris Sloyan didn’t make those trails man Tom Gillespie, Jeff Lamb, Christine Lisnock, Salzmans and Zalewski and Rich Carolan. And All the names.. Some big names rode in those woods. MAN. Treat that place well…

Written By Jeff Lamb…..

I take that Back Chris Sloyan did help but man you are forgetting to name the legends of that place..

Cranford Trails REST in PEACE..

Talk about building those trails I spent night and day in those woods Ilived a block a way.. Tom Gillespie roade those trails like no other…

bmxlegend

jeff lamb owe me 15$.. jeff you rock that bmx legend shirt ever?

RaidenHayden

Richie
    I just said I rode with them Chris S was a good frined of mine we used to play hoops till one inthe morning around the corner from his house. Chill

matchsprint

For the record I did not write that reply, Jeff did. I have no ax to grind and have nothing but love for all NJ bmx people. Also the entire time I was in California,I was proud of my NJ roots. Bill I have known you many years,and I would not put you down in any way. Please understand that Jeff was pointing out that he was at those trails from day one. Its all cool, now lets go ride!

I think I made some spelling mistakes, sorry

bmxlegend

rich carolyn rules

matchsprint

Also for the record its Carolan. Also I would be happy to help with the trails. leave me a message ,and we can go out and check them out.

bmxsport

I have to give props were props is deserved here. I used to ride those trails back in the day and they were top notch. Guys and riders from all around rode there. They were always being re-vamped and in the 80’s and early 90’s that was the place to be.. Tom Gillespie and Jeff Lamb and numerous other local riders Christine lisnock, Salzmans, Bill Populas, Dave Levy, Ect made that place way back when. Heck I think Christine Still Rides and I know up till about a Year or so ago Jeff Lamb and John Salzman were riding. Some fast riders rode there. I remember racing at Flemington BMX or Sunday at Howell and then going back to Cranford to ride. In the 90’s the Union crew took over the place and kept it going in the memory of the Cranford locals. Bill I saw a posting on here written by a I guess Jeff Lamb and I know he wasn’t being disrespectful to you or Chris sloyan. He takes that place seriously because that was a place he built for years and years. I am willing to bet he built the 1st jump in there and I was there when Chris sloyan beat the crap out of him as well… ITs home for Jeff and thats where his BMX roots started.. So let Jeff Blow off some steam he’s a good guy and ultra fast at least he was a few years back. Does anyone know if he is still racing I look on the internet and I think he was riding for BMXmania.. I still live in Union County and I walked thru there a couple days ago to have some fond memories. I hope whoever decides to or if they decide at all to re do them they make them Rad so future Generations of Riders can enjoy the same fun I did. A good group of riders rode back there and I have no clue where many of them ended up. But maybe one day off this site they can have a Reunion. That place ruled and I have many fond memories of Cranford Trails.

Thanks Cranford…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.