Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old cj hows the track?

• This topic has 9 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

its contagious thats all i can figure out. once one says nah im not racing today then they all sayit.

i was under the impression you had to register to practice? i hate to be the sour apple but maybe if they had to register to ride they would race? even if its for 5 bucks come on????

this is not good for the younger crowd to see these guys practice then they sit there waiting for them to race and “what moto is the open?” oh they arent racing today…. thats just what i heard….

the ams have to pay for class and they are willing to pay to race open… the pros have no excuse i am sorry… just my 3 cents…

bmiddaugh

Pros race for $$$.
    No $$$, no race.
    Local pro-am series would fix this.
    But someone would need to run it other than the scoring ladies as they have a handful on race days.

bmxmom156

i doubt money is the issue here. maybe you can start a poll for the pros and see why they race sometimes and not others… with the price of gas who would travel all that way and just practice? when you can win some money( if money is the motivating factor)

bmiddaugh

Local pro-am
    $11.00 entry fee.
    No day of event payback.
    Top 5 guys in series split total pot at series end.
    CJ runs a spring and fall series, run it with that.
    Tell Dan to ask around and see if that would get these guys pumped up.

bmxmom156

i will ask him but he is not in the position to drive to 2 races a weekend ( flem and cj) on a reg basis… i dont know if the commitment is there for the local pros its hard enough to get them to show at state races…( for the big bucks) most of them work at least 1 of 2 weekend days…so may be hard to get there…

seems simple enough/ less complicated just to let the experts/ pros run an impromtu $ open when they want to… whoever shows up… jimmy and dan spoke of this a few weeks ago and i thought they were going to try to get one going at every race( more for training purposes… the cash would just be a bonus) they had 6 guys in the 17-24x plus a few older experts said they would run it occasionally im sure rich would be up for it… oh and dont forget ANT DOG and CRAIG….

4130forlife

remember the time when we raced because we liked to go real fast in our bikes???. and we didnt care about spending 5 bux to do it.. i say fuk all those geeks who think they are to good to race..

bmxmom156

dave hit the nail on the head…

the reason to do open is not for the $$ its to race faster guys and chase them down. when the younger guys finally turn 16 its such a big deal you have no idea. i hear some of them 14-15 now saying i cant wait till i turn 16 and can race the open. well how does that fare when they dont have one for whatever reason…

we have just been thru this personally so thats why i bring it up. its up to the pros to keep the spark going and have these races as often as they can… they should be the ones encouraging the faster experts to race with them… the younger up and coming kids should nt have to go around and BEG them to race week after week… it should be the other way around.

it benefits everyone esp the ones who have to get tuned up for that 17-24 ex class

at howell it could have been 3-4 pros.. plus 6 17-24x riders plus jeremy…thats 10 riders for an open( money or no money it would have been a great race)

you cant disagree with that???

bmiddaugh

So why don’t they do it?

bmxmom156

maybe…. Dead

or too much of this the night before? CHampagne

would love to know…

bmiddaugh

Your son is about the same age as them, does he ask them?

bigjeff

It was announced at yesterdays race 4 times for any riders that were interested in running an open to come up to the trailer. No one came up. An open could have been run. What happened to the riders?

bmxmom156

if its just the 17-24x class it dosnt make sence to run an extra class with the same exact riders you have in class…thats why the pros have to go and sign up then get the ams to do it.. they asked stosh and tim and co and they all said they didnt want to race… just practice. so thats why no ams went up. i asked dan if there was going to be an open and he said no that none of the pros were racing so the ams didnt sign up. why run 2 exact motos?( without the pros). i heard the announcement too so i know they did know about it.

he is 17 most of them are 20 and older.. jeremy would have been the youngest at 16…

bmiddaugh

So it seems these guys need to hash this out themselves.
    Like I keep saying it’s up to them.

s4lnj

Local pro-am
    $11.00 entry fee.
    No day of event payback.
    Top 5 guys in series split total pot at series end.
    CJ runs a spring and fall series, run it with that.

man you guys love making things into a series. the hyper series works b/c it will end up being some big end of year dollars, plus a decent payout for that day. if there is anything that americans want, it’s instant gratification. $11 entry–it all gets paid back after the main. you showed up to practice and you’re leaving with money for gas and a few White Castle burgers.

like you said– it needs to be worked out with the riders– smaller, local pro/ams couold be sold as “practice” for the hyper series. .. just need to get the older guys and pros on the track.
    next time they say theyu just wanna practice and not race, maybe we should ask why.

dave

bmxmom156

i dont understand wh the nj pros dont race and the ct pro/am weekly race has semis every sunday ( out side the warrior series).

we will go where the competition is( thats what danny wants to do) thats the last thing i will say about it.

vinny said to me after the race… hey pass it on to your ct friends to come on down to check out the track… what should i say when they say does howell have a pro/am at their local??

they have no reason to come down on a sunday when they can stay there and have semis right there at home…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.