Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Old School Racing CJ BMX flyer from 1980

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Here is a pic of the flyer.
    The CJ BMX website says since 1981, but this shows it was open in 1980. I know my mom took me to a race there in 1979. So it dates back at least to 1979. Well maybe in 79 she took me there to look at a bike or something. Seems kinda far and I dont remember buying a bike from them. I know where I got each bike from. My mom only took me to races in 78 & 79. In 1980 she was gravely ill and would pass away before the date on this flyer. (Mom thanks for everything)
    Now in 79 I raced mostly NBL with some ABA. I can not remember ever racing NBA or earning a NBA plate. (I did race my first race ever at a NBA track, but didnt join the NBA and raced as a non-member, i had no idea what anything was at that time)
    So in 1979 I can therefore conclude the track must have been NBL. Or the races I attended were non-sanctioned. I know I got my picture in a BMX Newspaper from that track ( I raced Howell a few times).

bmiddaugh

um, looks like some idiot has to update that thing…
    I’m gonna do a total redesign once I get a new logo and move to a new web hosting service.

Well Brett Im not certain on when I attended my first race there. I can clearly remember my Mom taking me there. The shop was small and dark and old. the building was right on the road not back like it is now. My mom could have taken me there just to look at bikes, but thats kinda far as we lived an hour plus away.
    So if it was open in 79 Im not sure what sanction it was. I can remember it and my pic in the paper was taken coming out of turn 1. I just cant remember what years and what sanction. It had to NBL. but then again lol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.