Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Carbin Fiber is not a bad thing after all

• This topic has 8 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I got my forks today. Said “self sell em” got home from work and said aw screw it put em on. put em on and said looks nice, but how will it ride. Well took a quck spin and it feels like a new bike. I am not saying these forks are gonna win races, but farside i gotta admit modern tech is not that bad. I also held a pair of xtr cranks (mtb version) And realized they are really stiff. I am not abondoning my “old schol roots” but i realize that all that is new is not that bad. EXCEPT CLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!

4130forlife

ant.. carbon fiber.. think .. its FIBER.. with some crap on it to make the fibers hard.. it has NO place in bmx.. no place

BIGANT-DOG

Dude I thought like you did for a long time. But sometimes you have to go with the times. BUt Istill have my 100 percent cr-mo made in the usa robinson.

BIGANT-DOG

4130forlife

haha carbon fiber.. and they are allen bolted together.. ill scoop you off the track when your bike falls apart.. i promise

RaidenHayden

Dave, let me explain something, although I do not have any carbon parts on my BMX bike, my road bike is all carbon, now what does that hve to do. Well when I got hit by the car even though my leg took the impact, I had the shop look over the frame, he told me not to worry, and pulled down a ste of carbon forks that were bent, but they weren’t bent on the carbon part, but the alum steerer tube, point is it is VERY strong stuff, I am convinced of it, but no I’m not paying that kind of money for forks, when good ole 4130 is stil availible

BIGANT-DOG

I did not pay anything for em. got em n a trade deal.

paulc

Ant,

You paid something for them, you traded something. Maybe not cash, but you paid for them.

Used “BMX” carbon fiber parts seems to be risky business in my opinion.

I hope you don’t pay for them again!

Paul

rider1

Ant who told you that carbon was weaker. What gave you that idea? The fact is its much stronger. The fork you have is not all carbon. Just the legs. There are many things you dont know about carbon,if you like I would be glad to explain.

Rich

BIGANT-DOG

I know carbon is not weaker, and to be honest i like to experiment with different things. I will “track test” them tommorow.

BIGANT-DOG

You paid something for them, you traded something. Maybe not cash, but you paid for them.

Paul i traded a set of brew forks i did not want and he gave me 25 bucks.

bmiddaugh

Yo, Pawson, fix your avatar man, that red x and code beneath your pic is killing me! 😆

4130forlife

how?? i have no idea how to fix that

RaidenHayden

Not only that your hosting goes down alot

adamguild

How much for a copy of that Debbie Does Dallas on your TV stand???????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.