Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum camera question

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

if anyone has purchased a new point and shoot lately can you post your pros/cons of what you have? i have decided to get a simple ( not real expensive) one looking for the following:

-quick responce/ fast shutter or ability to do burst shots
    -able to take low light pics( inside w/action shots) without much flash delay
    -long zoom if possible
    -sports mode or similar

hers what i found so far…
    sony dsc w55
    fujifilm fine pix z5
    fujifilm fine pix z10

if anyone has these or another they would recommend please let me know.
    thanks

kevh

Just saw this one in a magazine while trying to research slr cameras

Panasonic – Lumix 10.1MP Digital Camera

Sports mode – burst picture 2fps

really long zoom something like 10x or 12x

I haven’t seen it yet though just read the magazine.

bmxmom156

thanks

rodney

Tell people to say CHEESE or the pictures wont come out

kevh

You do that, and my son would probably stop and smile for the picture.

LOL

bmxmom156

if they werent going so fast i wouldnt have issues with shutter speed…lol same as indoor. when i take pics at the wrestling matches its low light so the flash comes on and it takes forever for it to recycle so i would like to get something that reacts faster… i am not interested in an slr i konw that would be best but i woud like to know if anyone out there uses a point and shoot that they absolutely love esp for sports shooting…

they used to have a camcorder that you could just video and then when you watch it… stop the vid where you want to take the picture and just freeze it there take the pic and voila..i think sony used to make it but they stopped making that model… a friend of mine had it and loved it… one stop picture/video… what a concept!

kevh

How was the image quality then? I thought video was lower than photo. I know my digital camcorder can take pics but at 1 megapixel which sucks.

Maybe with the new high def stuff, it would be better.

bmxmom156

my hdd camcorder takes pics great as long as your not moving too fast.. the sony that i was talking about had no blur for the still shots. as you watch the video you just pause wherever you wanted to take the pic and then capture so i though it was good. i only saw a few pics that a friend of mine took he liked it.. then they discontinued it i dont know why. he said it was so nice to only cart around one camera and even used it for soccer ( lots of movement/ running etc) as well as wrestling matches.

so i guess if you dont want to spend a fortune your stuck! im sure theres a point and shoot out there what about the ones you put a memory stick into? anyone use them? i heard they are alot more convenient space wise.

appreciate any info on who has what and what you dont like also…(ones to avoid) i had an olympus that was horrible and it took almost a min betw flashes to recycle…plus i would go thru batteries like crazy( even tried rechargables)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.