Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Bring some spare parts with you this weekend

• This topic has 7 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Hey guys, we all know that beacon sucks so if you got spare tubes nuts bolts whatever bring em. I say this so if someone you know or do not know needs a hand, you can do them a favor. I myself always roll with some tubes and at least one tire. Luckily i had a crank spacer that some one needed , so i just gave it to him. no biggie to me.

The point I am trying to make is we have to help each other out. Cause no one else is gonna do it. What irks me is when you go into beacon and they do not have squat. Tidey knows what i am saying. So if you need a wrench or something you can roll up to the homie hauler. (my van) And i will be glad to help you. Cause there have been alot of guys who helped me over the years.

BIGANT-DOG

btw I walked into beacon sunday and said “you ready for next weekend” He said sure. “I have a road ride next weekend” I told him bout the regional. He said “Well we got plenty of stuff” I so wanted to laugh in his face. But i walked out. almost forgot chip n dale wil be there. It is a damn shame a guy with a trailer has to come and support OUR track, when we have a full service bike shop, that does not give a crap. 👿 👿 long live chip n dale. 8) 8)

pjtaft

that is such an Old school thought,.. too bad it has gotten away from that,.. I can’t tell you how many times at braddock,.. Craig, myself and the rest of our group missed out on practice time and almost a few motos, trying to help someone out that tweaked their ride,.. and had no back up. We met and made more friends that way,.. someone needed, the wrecking crew was there,.. we fix ya up best we could,.. root you on on the track,.. unless we against you,.. and everyone had fun…

CrazyCraig

…I remember that – as a team we were real good at saving stuff so like Pat said we usually had something in the toolbox or hanging around to help someone out. I usually travelled with extra rims too. We were like a Nascar pit crew trying to replace an engine before the next lap went by – it was fun.

Chip-n-Dale does an excellent job supporting the races. I have already made at least one mortgage payment for Andy with the amount of stuff I have gotten from him at the races. 😀

This weekend I will load up everything I got just in case. See me if needed. Look for the little blue Mazda pickup with the black aluminum cap on the back.

Ahhh…miss having JV Bikes by the track (Braddock). Jim supported us well.

pjtaft

heck,. that was how the Lentini’s started hanging around,.. and Tiles,. remember Tara? Adam and jessie from NYC,. all the psycho’s from the kearny, nutley belleville area we ended up with,.. god only knows how many other folks there were in the fold by the end there…

bmxlegend

adam and jesse price

i got a kastan with the uni blade from jesse price like 15 years ago, hahaha

Ant, as for Beacon, its amazing, some people you could plant a goldmine in their backyard and they wouldn’t know it. Its great helping out others, being as I have little guys myself, its usually mom with her little guy that needs help with a flat or something, but that goes a long way. Pay it forward!
    Loren

TideyFamily

A dad saved my ass last weekend. Pulled Nikotas bike outa the storage closet and threw it in the truck. I get to the track and he has a flat. I wait for Beacon to open up. The old guy just laughs at me and says that he doesn’t have any 1 1/8 tubes!! One of the other dads heard me talking to Legend and told me he had 3 extra tubes in his truck. i walk over get a tube and try to shove 5 bucks in his hand and his refuses it and just says he was glad he could help. Pay it forward indeed!!

BIGANT-DOG

But if you are racing in the same class as me, Well i can’t help ya LOL just kidding. 😉 😉

bmiddaugh

And if any of you younger guys could bring some spare knees or oxygen tanks for the older guys that’d be great too.
    Geritol is also appreciated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.