Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old BMX racing

• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I have come to the conclusion after reading about all these US olympic training tracks that the sanctioning bodies of BMX racing have absolutely no idea what to do with this thing.

4130forlife

i second that..

screw all this trying to get national, regional, world numbers.. its seems like so much of a hassle.. way to complicated and costly..

i dont even give a fuk about state numbers..

i just like riding my bike on dirt and seeing my friends

bottom line is.. bmx is fun in its simplicity to go out and kick it with the bro’s

bmiddaugh

yea, it seems like it’s being overthought and it’s trying to please everyone but it’s not.
    It’s not big enough at the local level to really support the national level properly anymore.

Fresh ideas are needed to bring people into the sport that normally wouldn’t do it, I just feel a disconnect someplace.
    I may have to do something drastic.

4130forlife

yep.. its not the “all you need is a bike, a helmet, long pants and a long sleeve t-shirt”

now its ” all you need is a bike, a helmet, long pants and a long sleeve t-shirt, college degree ito figure all of the bmx rules out, and a billion dollars”

bmxmom156

oh and dont forget socks that cover your ankles

bmiddaugh

Is this an inside joke?
    😯

s4lnj

uci rule– along with no jeans and mandatory gloves–

i’ve been riding without gloves for 20 years and my hands are still silky smooth– just ask your girlfriends 😈

bmiddaugh

You know Levi’s and other jean companies have LOTS OF MONEY.
    BMX racing does not think outside it’s own box well.

s4lnj

levis actually just started a team including 5 of the top guys right now– including bestwick, wade, and a few others that i cant remember right now

bmiddaugh

I saw that, and you know those lads are getting PAID.
    Not a racer in the bunch though…
    Ingenuity breeds creativity or does creativity breed ingenuity?

4130forlife

racing pants are GAY.. we are not on a stupid motorcycle.. they dont belong in bmx.. maybe if we had DIRT turns instead of the wack blacktop.. kids wouldnt be eaten alive when they crash on them

BIGANT-DOG

racing pants are GAY.. we are not on a stupid motorcycle..

Um dave i respect your opinion, but uniforms help you stand out from the other teams. People at the track know who cjs racing is just by our uniforms. When i crashed at EHT I had no knee or shin pads on. just my FOX racing pants. I thoungh my knee was gonna be toast, but not a scratch. When it gets too hot I will wear my kahki’s but to be honest i do not feel right without my “motorcycle pants”

Yeah Uniforms are way cool. When I first got into BMX it was the bikes and the uniforms that helped me pick my favorites.
    SE Racing Brown and Blue baby, Pattersons, orange, yellow and blue.
    Mongooses red white and blue uniforms were sweet.

I’m glad the Phillies dont play in blue jeans and tshirts. I’m glad the Houston Texans dont play in blue jeans. I rarely for some reason owned leathers (see my avatar).
    But I always loved dialed uniforms. I loved the ones we created with Hyper and now Clay still has Hyper looking dialed in.

4130forlife

you know how to stand out??? be YOURSELF… who needs flashy colors to stand out.. not me.. stand out by being cool and having style points.. leathers are gay and belong in motorcross.. not MOTOcross

BIGANT-DOG

you know how to stand out??? be YOURSELF…

Dave i tried that and look where it got me!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.