Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Blue and Yellow

• This topic has 4 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Some wondered why we have blue and yellow jerseys. Heres a good reason:

NJ Fact of the Day: State Flag: The Buff and Blue: Why a yellow background and a blue shield? Because none other than George Washington picked them out in 1779. The colors â€â€Â￾ Jersey blue and buff (as the yellow is called) â€â€Â￾ honor the Dutch, New Jersey’s original European settlers. The colors first appeared on the insignia of the Netherlands. Washington selected the color scheme for the uniforms of NJ’s regiments in the Revolution; in 1780 soldiers had to carry a state flag that matched their uniforms, and NJ’s colors have been the same ever since. The traditional flag was made official in 1896.

rodney

High Gear’s road team jersey colors ( store colors ) are blue and yellow

cool cool history lesson .. i have some ideas for the 2007 nj team jersey

Nice history, as someone who grew up in Washington Crossing, PA im ashamed to admit when I grew up there I could care less about the history. I remember riding around the town on the bicentinnial on my Schwinn stingray like (It was a Kent I think) BMX bike looking for places to ride. I built my first track that year i think on an island in the Deleawre near my home.

Wow I need a 12 step program everything relates to BMX.

back to history If you havent watched the History of the Revolutionary War on the History channel its a must see. All the streets named in Washington Crossing were named after Generals, many of who were featured in the epic biography. http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=76230

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.