Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events ABA Atlanta

• This topic has 7 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Caveman

ABA Atlanta was hot. At least that’s what people were crying about. I thought it was a balmy 85 but others were crying it was in the 90s. I’ve never understood people that cry when the temperature reaches 90. You know we get one good heat wave a year where it reaches 98 or more. What are you going to do then?

There were 115 motos on Saturday and 110 on Sunday. A lot of vets and single As showed up. Only five AAs showed up. Bubba was back and won both days. Charlie Hunt who used to race A pro and was nothing to speak of came out of retirement and was leading mains by half a straight!?!?!?! He won Saturday and Ryan Whitesides won Sunday. Butterman Brandon Hopkins was my favorite but couldn’t get the win. Second both days.

Bittner won vet both days. Rupe and Parry were right in there. Kenth Fallen won Pro cruiser. Nick StLawrence did very well, winning the first A pro main on Sunday and getting podium.

Have you heard all the hype about Tony Spencer the moto filler who turned himself AA? That’s nothing. The ABA’s version of Tony is Mike Kilpatrick. Also from Eastern PA, (must be something in the water) Kilpatrick probably couldn’t make a novice main but he turned himself AA at York, PA last year. I’m not exactly sure what his problem is but he’s not all there mentally. On more than one occasion someone fell hard only to get up and beat him. The real kicker is since there were less than eight AAs this weekend he was in the main in AA and pro cruiser. It was guestimated that he made between $500 and $800 for the weekend. Even better is the fact that he got two fifths at a pro series national. That means a guy who probably couldn’t make a novice main will be in front of some VERY fast people in points. What a joke. I’ve always been very pro ABA but this is one of their biggest mistakes ever and makes them look very bad. Unfortunately they just laugh about it.

Travis Jurell was disqualified in Saturday’s main for cutting the track. Apparently the gate starter called him for going inside the cone in the first turn. Can you say shady? What is the gate starter doing looking at the first turn and how could he see that well? That was highly contested. Well he came back to win on Sunday. Leadslead made the main and got fourths both days. The best the Caveman could do was a close fifth in Sunday’s semi in vet pro. I do have video of several mains.

Next up, ABA Massachussetts.

RaidenHayden

The ABA should NEVER had allowed that, with Kilpatrick, wife used to beat him on cruiser, years ago. Even worse off the Army may be paying for him to train for the Olympics, How bad will we look then!!!
    I think he turned himself X, then pro, then AA pro

bmxlegend

i think i should move up to vet masters, hahaha

RaidenHayden

The whole thing is bad for all the guys who train and earned it, and then this guy just goes and gets a free ride

LeadSled1

Here is my view on it. Ever see the Bud Light commercials?

Dud Light Presents Real Men of Genius

(Real Men of Genius)

Today we salute you Mr. Intermediate turned AA racer

(Mr. Intermediate turned AA racer)

BMX is an intricate sport of skill, strategy, and athleticism, except for you. You just roll the gate.

(Don’t fall over)

You’re not even on the same straight as the rest of the pack, who cares? You’re going for it.

(I can jump it!)

Our question: What’s it like to be a professional BMX’er who doesn’t even need to own a helmet?

(You’re a star)

Still, we’d rather see you in the gate than some BMX dad with a gear chart hanging from his back pocket.

(Pedal harder)

So crack open an ice cold Dud Light Sir free-ride-to-the-main because pedaling, jumping and manualling are overated anyway.

(Mr. Intermediate turned AA racer)

bmiddaugh

holy sheeot that is funny!!!!!!

pjtaft

GOLF CLAP,. Well Played

bmiddaugh

I smell Jesse’s commercial in Transit 8…

CrazyCraig

LMAO 😆

Caveman

It’s even funnier if you knew this guy. I couldn’t see it but he fell over out of the gate one moto. How do you fall over going two miles an hour? Bill, your wife used to beat him? Some guys have all the luck. Tell Diane she can beat me anytime. 😈

RaidenHayden

Dave I know how you want Diane to beat you , but she REALLY used to beat this guy! Maybe my wife should race AA, and support me!!!!!!

LeadSled1

Dave, post the Isaac the nutsack pictures. 😆

bmxlegend

thats so funny.. hahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha

that really needs to be played at the races he attends..

Caveman

What Isaac the nutsack pictures?

Isaac IS a nutsack

Isaac is an 80 mph nutsack

RaidenHayden

Relative of yours Caveman?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.