Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. A real blow to free speech

• This topic has 8 voices and 44 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    XMotoXchick

Ok, yes one day eggs are good and one day eggs are bad … but When we consider the state of the world nothing has gotten better. Unless you consider pollution, extinction, famine, disease, all good. So having said that.
    One thing we are not is beyond extinction ourselves.
    Mans arrogance and greed has blinded him into thinking he is unstoppable. The world in itself is an organism and it will fix itself. Fixing itself will be at our cost. Like I said in my other post, climate has changed in the past many times for many reasons. The factor is the rate of the change not the change itself. Volcanic eruptions can play a part to give an example. If you want to talk about the period during the dinosaurs then you must taking into consideration that the earth was still cooling. From the year 1000 to the year 1400 you had what is called the medieval warming period when the world was a few degrees warmer and that went right into what is called the little ice age that ran from 1400 to the 1800s. It is documented that it snowed all summer long one year in the 1800s. .. The reasoning behind this is that when the earth heats up then the glaciers melt the ocean water dilutes,stopping the trans Atlantic current and that causes the northern climates to start cooling down again. Sounds like everything will work out fine.. The world will fix itself will man live through it is the question. During these periods you had great advancement and great devastation. During the year it snowed all summer no crops could grow. Livestock died and people starved to death in the northern climates.
    The point is not even scientific it is basic common sense. IF you think that you can take where you live and pollute and destroy it to the point it becomes toxic things don’t live. Its not rocket science.

I have made it a point to do as little damage as I can while I am here.
    Ask Brett.. He is such a good sport about it.. LoL

adamguild

It’s the way of the world…We have no control and sooner or later we will meet our end.Either by Ice age,Flooding,Global warming ,nuclear holocaust ………lol….the possibilities are endless……..

If in fact what we are experiencing is global warming…..I fear it is much to late to save ourselves……………

XMotoXchick

I also agree that a threshold has been crossed. Now can the severity of things be delayed or softened? Who knows. Do I think the world population will change enough to make a difference? No. Not until people are individually touched by this. That’s when you will see all the futile changes and by then it will be to late.People think this theory of global warming is new and its not.
    I do think that its worth giving it a shot. No one really knows …we might be able to make a difference.
    Do I feel sorry for the children who will inherit the earth? Very.

RaidenHayden

Two words “BIRD FLU”, natures correction mech

XMotoXchick

Very kewl, Bird Flue is the topic for tomorrow. Futurama is on ….Have to have my dose of Bender…….

RaidenHayden

Sorry I only watch the right wing, I drive an SUV, big oil, he man polluters channel, FOX NEWS 😀

XMotoXchick

Ahhhh……grasshopper you have so much to learn……

RaidenHayden

you are RIGHT , well not yet, but I am studying the conversion process, so yeah I think I have alot to learn about how to teach you the RIGHT path. If you think I’m bad, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my wife is Ann Coulter times two

XMotoXchick

No changing this ones path…..This one chooses to think on her own and not be brainwashed by the right wing Jesus freaks. Who are the biggest hypocrite’s going. Just be wasting your time…… 😀

bmiddaugh

Yo,
    I think if I actually met JC he and I would get along.
    I think its the word that is distorted not the messenger.

XMotoXchick

You are most likely right. He probably was an OK guy. But I cant agree with people who preach one thing and do the complete opposite. People who use terror tactics to force you into their beliefs then preach what good people they are. I do not go out in public and shove my religious beliefs down other people throats. Then threaten or try to brainwash them when they don’t agree…
    I soooooooooo don’t dig that….

RaidenHayden

That is my biggest pet peave,with so called religous types, what you learn in church on Sunday is supposed to follow you all week. NOT JUST ON SUNDAY

4130forlife

religion sucks

XMotoXchick

The thing is, I don’t have a problem with people having beliefs. I have my own. I am just a firm believer in to each his own… No one faction should consider themselves the one and only voice.

bmiddaugh

according to this defintion of religion it can be quite good..

(Latin: religio, ligo, “to bind together”) A way of seeing, thinking, and acting inspired by questions about what things mean: ie Where did we come from?, What is our destiny?, What is true?, What is false?, What is my duty or obligation?, What is the meaning of suffering?, What is the meaning of death?, How shall we live? (Ezekiel 33:10)

I shall say, I am religious, but prescribe to no religion.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.