Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old a question about the world championships

• This topic has 5 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Ok, so you go to brazil and you win your race.
    does that make you automatically world champion because you won that one race?
    or is there a point system where you race all those uci races like here and in other countries then you go to the worlds and that is like an aba or nbl grands where the point totals from the races plus the worlds determine the world champion.
    I want to point out that this thread is meant in NO WAY to demean the accomplishments of everyone going to the worlds.
    If it is a point system with the championship being the finals thats awesome, but…
    if its just that you have to race all those uci races then you qualify to the worlds and it still all comes down to one final main event with all the other races then having no meaning, I am going to have to say, that I don’t get it.
    Can someone explain this all to a dumbie like moi? 🙄

RaidenHayden

One lap, No crap, easy enough explanation Brett 😯

bmiddaugh

wait…I mean I get it , duh…
    You’re racing the best in the world, but by the same token anyone can have a bad main, shouldn’t consistency count?

RaidenHayden

Ahhh, Grasshopper, in a perfect world, YES, but this is not utopia, ask Adam, he will tell you

bmiddaugh

hayden that freaking tag line is killer….
    one lap no crap.
    we gotta use that for a race…
    or will parents get offended by the word crap…

bmiddaugh

The reason I asked is as the old guys know,
    we had the jag worlds back in our day.
    one lap no crap.
    but now you have all kinds of qualifications, drug tests, yadda yadda..
    but it still comes down to..
    one lap no crap.
    so why spend all the extra money and have all the extra rules?
    there just doesn’t seem to have been any evolution there other than financial.

RaidenHayden

That was Kevin’s from when he used to announce ABA nats. I have to give credit where credit is due

bmiddaugh

Kevin..this sites Kevin?
    Kevin, can we use that for the betterment of BMX?

RaidenHayden

I’m sure he would be honored. I used to love tripping him up, while he was right in the middle of announcing a main. I’d say something over the two way radio, and he’d burst out laughing while he was announcing, the he’d get me back while I was on the gate, by saying some thing only the guys on the team would know GOOD TIMES

LeadSled1

Only the Elite and Juniors get “world champion” status. They also get the jersey to wear for the next year with the UCI colors on them. Very prestigeous in the “cycling” world.

Us Challenge chumps just get world rankings. (W1, W2, W3 etc.)

bmiddaugh

challenge…juniors?
    huh?
    age and gender group
    cruiser age and gender group
    pro
    ladies pro
    theres more than that?

bmxmom156

can someone post how the challenge classes actually qualify for 07 worlds? i have gotten so many different explainations to having to “earn” a point by making a semi at one of the “specified” races to just ending up with national #16 or better.

does anyone know for sure???

thanks

why must they make it difficult?

bmiddaugh

why must they make it difficult?

just a thought..

$$$

LeadSled1

Elite is a 19+ class.

Elite Men
    Elite Women
    Elite Cruiser

Junior is a 16-18 class
    Junior Men
    Junior Women
    Junior Cruiser

Each are branded World Champion (they are championship classes) for the winner. Championship classes race for $$$.

Challenge is a lower level (non-championship) and have a wide range of ages from 5 & under to 45+. No $$$ involved.

The 07 quals are unknown. From what I know you will be able to qualify through the ABA next year. Maybe top 8 from ABA and top 8 from NBL. (16 total per class)

RaidenHayden

But the big question is, will they have a 35 and over knuckledragger class for CAVEMAN next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.