Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old 2007 worlds qualifications – finally!

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

finally an announcement was posted over on nebmxnews.com.
    its about time..

rich can you clarify what top 3 uci races means(since you have been thru this recently)? so you have to do at least 3 of the 6 uci races? which means we have a choice of fla, ca or nevada in addition to woodbridge?

National Championships and World Challenge Qualification Series

Colorado Springs, Colo. (December 8, 2006)â€â€Â￾USA Cycling announced today qualifying procedures for the 2007 UCI BMX World Challenge in Victoria, British Columbia July 23-29.

Competitors will have the opportunity to qualify through performance at the USA Cycling BMX National Championships and a six-race series of UCI-sanctioned events designated the World Challenge Qualification Series.

The UCI has allotted each country 16 start positions for each age class in each gender in both the 20â€ÂÂ￾ class and the 24â€ÂÂ￾ cruiser class. These start positions are in addition to slots earned by individual riders who had a top-eight finish at the 2006 UCI BMX World Challenge. UCI rules dictate that a top-eight finish in 2006 automatically qualifies that rider for the 2007 edition.

Scheduled for June 9-10 in Pontiac, Mich., the USA Cycling BMX National Championships will offer eight automatic bids per gender and age class in both the 20â€ÂÂ￾ class category and the 24â€ÂÂ￾ cruiser class category. The top-eight riders in each race will earn automatic nominations.

The World Challenge Qualification Series consists of two events in Boulder City, Nev. Feb. 24-25, Florida stops in Sarasota on Mar. 31 and Orlando Apr. 7, a date in Woodbridge, Va. Apr. 28 and the finale in Prunedale, Calif. May 19. A points system utilizing each rider’s top-three results will determine additional automatic qualifiers based on overall series rankings.

Riders eligible to compete for UCI BMX World Challenge titles must hold an international USA Cycling BMX license and be a U.S. citizen.

For complete qualification procedures, click here.

2007 UCI BMX World Challenge qualifying opportunities:

2007 USA Cycling BMX National Championships
    June 9-10 – Pontiac, MI

2007 World Challenge Qualification Series
    Feb 24, 2007 – Boulder City, NV
    Feb 25, 2007 – Boulder City, NV
    Mar 31, 2007 – Sarasota, FL
    Apr 7, 2007 – Orlando, FL
    Apr 28, 2007 – Woodbridge, VA
    May 19, 2007 – Prunedale, CA

http://www.usacycling.org/forms/selection/2007UCI_BMX_World_Chal_Champ_Team_Criteria.pdf

bmxmom156

ok why make the uci race only day 1 of the national weekend. so if you want to just say go to woodbridge va you only get a uci race on day 1..( looks like you need min of 3 uci days).same with sarasota fla..that really sucks… there is no way to do this series unless you spend 2 weekends in fla, take your kid out of school that week ( not off for easter break that week in hs) or fly to nevada or ca…

way to go nbl/uci for making it sooo easy to qualify…

idiots!!

RaidenHayden

Deb
    I really wouldn’t put much into the olympics, nascar isn’t in the olympics, baseball isn’t in the olympics, ditto for football, why do we need to keep up with other cultures and countries, This is America, we started BMX, so the rest of the world followed, and now we are at the mercy of an outside org for our sport!!!!! Lets make it huge here, and they can follow

bmxmom156

dan is so pumped up for tryng to get to the worlds in 07. he has been talking about it for over a yr..i hate to pop his baloon esp when he has been training so hard and is psyched up for it.. its a shame what they do for the love of money instead of the passion for the sport….

RaidenHayden

I think if we made the sport here huge again, we could make the rules, and the rest would follow like in the old days

BIGANT-DOG

This is America, we started BMX, so the rest of the world followed, and now we are at the mercy of an outside org for our sport!!!!! Lets make it huge here, and they can follow

Bill my thoughts exactly. I was looking at old mags yesterday and the USA used to dominate at the worlds.

LeadSled1

We still do. We won the team competitions last year.

Just think if qualification criteria was published well in advance, everyone was able to try and qualify without major cash layouts and if we had government backing like the other countries have.

CrazyCraig

Or at least monetary backing from USAC would be nice.

The way I see it, is I need to train my butt off for the US Championships in Michigan and make THAT main on either my cruiser or 20. The one thing in my favor is I would race cruiser in 40-44, not 35-39. I turn 40 in August. Not that 40-44 is slowing down its just not as stacked as 35-39 (based on my expereince at the 2006 Grands).

bmxmom156

just spoke to bt about this… ok here we go…

the usac national championship in michigan will take the 8 riders who make the main..

then they will take your top 3 uci race finish points ( will be posted as they go on the uci website). if for some reason the person who just say gets 1st in the main at waterford oaks just happens to be capped in points then they will go to the next highest person in points…and so on..

there will be no other class for challenge at the uci races..only for jr men and elite men. whatever your age class is for the national thats the uci age class. you will get points for the national as well as uci points for the same race.

the uci picked the races not the nbl.( i was curious why they were not back to back on the same weekend) he said the uci wanted 1 day from each weekend.

bmiddaugh

This is not my idea but..
    from a marketing standpoint this is better

Friday night

“World Championship Qualifiers **-**-07”
    Come see the countries medal hopefuls duke it out from 6-11 pm!

Back to back is a bad idea always…

bmxmom156

i just thought having 2 shots at it in one weekend incase you crash in semi would be better… haha i guess i am trying to be realistic incase anyone self destructs…

look at the fla races… you have to stay for the week to get both uci races in rather than just 1 weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.