Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events 2006 National Series FINAL Standings

• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    CWCCRIDER
    BIGANT-DOG

Congrats to all the jersey guy’s

This is exactly why the NBL makes me mad lol.
    http://www.nbl.org/nbl/hidethis/frameset.htm
    ok go to the Points then National Points.
    Go to 35X
    If you didnt make the Grands you automatically finshed behind anyone that did. WTF?

Look if you dont make the grands you loose a chance for more points but why punish them further by placing say Rich Farside behind riders that finished the year with less points than he did. Rich finished National #44.
    Had they went by Points he woulda finished #26.
    Way to punish a rider who may be injured or not able to take off work or just too broke to make that one race. Isnt it bad enough those riders loose out at one last chance to get points?

Wonder if the ABA does that? Not.

RaidenHayden

The NBL rewards those who show and not those that go!!!!!

CWCCRIDER

@RaidenHayden wrote:

The NBL rewards those who show and not those that go!!!!!

Great one Bill 😆 😆 . I can’t wait for the Blue Diamond NAT.
    I got a feeling after one ABA NAT. I will never race a nbl nat again !!!!

RaidenHayden

Chris, the Rev Bill will convert you, and you will be healed my son. Amen

CrazyCraig

All Rich had to do was register and touch the gate each moto for last place points. I know he knows that but obviously chose not to do that. He put all his chips on Cruiser that weekend. The rules are clearly posted about needing to be at the Grands to qualify. If Rich decided he could not race at all and stayed home, he still would have had to register and show the NBL proof of an injury that prevented him from racing and they would have credited him for being there but no points would be given. I know this because I had a lengthy discussion with a gal at the NBL trailer in Trumbull.

I know it stinks that he dropped that far in the standings, but the reason they have the rules is so you go to the Grands to get your plate. The rolling ATM as Brett calls it. I’m not defending it, just stating the facts as they are right now.

When I got my #46 Plate for 35-39 Cruiser at the Grands, I was having fun saying to everyone “You wanna see what $55 looks like?” and then show them my #46 (actually $280 if you count all 5 Nats). And at the Nat level half the time I was MotoFill on cruiser. I moved up 13 spots and yet I went 5-6-5 in motos, but I know its because 13 people didn’t show up or moved up to 40-44 that weekend.

That my $.02 on the subject.

CWCCRIDER
    RaidenHayden

Well, the NBL, have made it easy for me to say they are completely screwed up when it comes to points, after reading that vintage thread!!!! The main should be the ultimate tie breaker, not some moto when you are racing a bunch of guys who may not even be int the main

CrazyCraig

At a race as big as the Grands, the main should be the tie breaker no doubt, and in the case where the one rider didn’t make the main and still got #1 (at least in Jess’ hypothetical case), that really blows!

But, you are always going to have the dissenting opinion that “my son or daughter got a bad break and was wrecked by another rider, so it’s okay he got #1 with his points, even though he didn’t win or make the main.”

Take the point off the motos, put them on the main, and see what happens. Oh wait, the ABA already does this! Duh!

bmiddaugh

“my son or daughter got a bad break and was wrecked by another rider, so it’s okay he got #1 with his points, even though he didn’t win or make the main.”

That shit is what got these knucklehead rules put into effect in the first place.

CrazyCraig

Bingo!

dunrite9

Dear Brick Wall

The NBL is ass backwards, award your points for motos so you can rank your non qualifiers, but make the points in the main a lot more then the moto points. Award the people that make the main. But then again this is not the PC way.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.