Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old 08-20-08

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Mark the date on your calendars.
    BMX racing in the olympics hits prime time TV.
    August 20, 2008 (Wednesday night) BMX is on the TV coverage schedule for 2 hours which will cover the qualifying trials, rider bios, etc. It is set to air from 9:00 pm till 11:00 EST which translates to prime time coast to coast. The following night, the racing is scheduled to get covered live from 11:00 pm till 1:00 am or later EST.

What we do with this opporutunity is up to us.

Anyone know people at the local cable news station? Show them the internet video clip of the olympics, then the CJ video.
    I think we could get ALOT of press.

I already hear it…
    well Brett, why don’t you do it?!

rodney

I hate to be negative but I just dont think this will be the cure all for bmx we need more not just the olympics

bmiddaugh

Any press is better than no press….

hence..
    this site.. 😆

RaidenHayden

I’ve been say what Radney said all along, the kids and parents will see the supercross version of it, if they don’t really play up the local end and how you get to that stage, people will be lost

Macdaddy

bad logic bill – do you think a beginner can ski the olympic run? no. does that stop it from being popular? no. how about the most watched winter olympic sport, supercross on snowboards? don’t think so. brett is right, any press is good press. negative to be negative

RaidenHayden

You missed the point Mac, the part about playing up the local end and tying it all together, so kids and parents, the ones who take them will see what it is really about.. It overcomes the “Thats too dangerous” thing they will or might get from the parents, thats what i mean

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.