Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. rad movie trailer Reply To: rad movie trailer

CrazyCraig

That backflip got that guy famous in the BMX world as he was one of the first, if not the first, to pull that stunt. Before Rad was made, Hutch had him touring the National scene. I was in Raleigh, NC in ’85 and they made a special jump for him so he could do the backflip. He ran his bars crazy forward. Funny, its the only thing I think he really knew how to do on the bike.

I had heard in advance about the movie being made and I had actually planned on going up to Canada to try and get into it, but broke my foot so of course I did not make the trip.

I remember when it came out in theaters, I think I was the oldest person to buy a ticket that day, I remember the weird look the ticket gal gave me. I said “hey, I know some of the guys in this, so this we’ll be cool”.

I’ll admit, I was dissapointed in some of the aspects of the story and some of the cheesy things on the track, but it was cool to see people I knew (and raced against – Kevin Hull) on the big screen.

** wipes away tear, sniff **

Okay, I gotta get off the nostalgia kick, lol.