Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. What’s going on with the site?

• This topic has 7 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Well, a couple things.
    One, we’re trying to steer clear of the whole..
    “this sucks” with no reason as to why it does, kinda comments.

And…in the racing section,
    well…if you come here you know how the racing section got over the last couple years. Seems there was an underlying current of some people with voices that wanted to be heard and weren’t being listened to and it lead to some to put it lightly, strained topics.

We just wanna try to keep things more together.
    Something sucks, say why and what you could do to change it.
    Got a topic about something important, we’re just trying to stay on it.
    Feel free to start all the new topics you want!
    Also keeps those crazy 9 page threads from coming about.

Remember the site will be completely redone by the time the Dew Tour starts, and this will all be an archive.

Here’s to the future BMXahs.

rodney

ahhh !!! corparate bmx… love it
    like it or leave it

RaidenHayden

Ok. my 2cents, the forum is a place to “discuss things in the open”, and if the dialoque moves to another subject that is linked to the topic at hand, why stay on topic, because the new discussion may bring about change, where as the opening topic may not be fixed. What I’m saying is, limiting the items discussed may mean you will hinder progress, and I thought this site was about progression of BMX in NJ

I agree if you are going to post an item about someone or something, you should back your statement up. But to limit the content, I think will hinder progress.

bmiddaugh

Bill, what we’re hoping to do is exactly what you just said.

and if the dialoque moves to another subject that is linked to the topic at hand, why stay on topic, because the new discussion may bring about change,

By sorta nudging people to start a whole new topic, when the conversation starts to wander to a new place, it’ll make it easier to bring about a change..

Sorta like when Dan posted about HC and the meeting. I locked the thread.
    Then Clint posted a new topic that he wanted to post in the HC thread, that would have gotten lost in HC but instead opened a new intelligent discussion about the merits of quarry dust…

I’m hoping that sorta clarifies things, I’m just as quilty as anyone else.
    Oh, to put it more plainly, no one is getting suspended or banned for something as stupid as going off topic. But any of us may at some point get the nudge in a “make a new topic” direction.

We’re trying to actually encourage more discussions.

RaidenHayden

I understand, I also think it discourages them too

s4lnj

what’s up with the pro/am section?

RaidenHayden

No new news, an nothing to report, so they locked it i guess, when they have something, which I’m sure they will, it will be back

tpbmxtd

@RaidenHayden wrote:

No new news, an nothing to report, so they locked it i guess, when they have something, which I’m sure they will, it will be back

We have a lot of news for the Pro/Am, but thanks for your reply

loudogg666

i think we should just warn people that they are going to get made fun of, no matter what.

BIGANT-DOG

um glenn about that message i sent. just wanted to know what you thought about it. The guy does good work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.