Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. What are your real reasons for being here?

• This topic has 7 voices and 50 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

free enterprise…capitalism…
    capitalism without altruism is… 😥

CrazyCraig

@bmiddaugh wrote:

free enterprise…capitalism…
    capitalism without altruism is… 😥

Capitalism + Altruism = Compassionate Capitalism.

This is something we all need to promote.

TideyFamily

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Yup, could not have happened to a nicer squid, er, I mean nicer guy. But is civilian life ready for you???

O yeah they better be. Been seriously looking at an Air Force job in Phoenix. But I did think of something. When I start to get my disability from the Military it should be close to 3500 a month!!!! If that happen’s then look out for NIKOTA TIDEY on the National ABA/NBL racing circuit!!! I can get a good job for a Monday thru Thursday and every weekend be at a National with him.. Sounds like a blessing in disguise if I ever saw one.

bmiddaugh

On the capitalism side of things….
    Lay has been layed to rest…
    Enron exec….bilked billions..
    On the altruism side….
    B Gates, nerd, donates billions.
    Only billionaire ever to get waterbombed on TV. 😆

1adam12

On the website or the planet?Please be more descriptive….

Website wise I started out helping Brett try to rekindle some interest in the old school freestylers….For the most part it worked for about a week…lol……Now I just come here to see whats up in the BMX world…..and occasionally curse at people and ruin old friendships ..I don’t ride as much as I would like but hey at least I still try…….

bmiddaugh

hell both, all 2, spiritually…lol
    dude, the OS freestyle stuff is good sheeot on here, wish we had some new stuff to report other than Scotty..
    man, I post about lay and enron and adam just walks on past, what up man? you ok? 😉

1adam12

I hiked the D&R Canal the other day.The whole damn main feeder…30 miles 10 hours……I think I lost some brain cells……

1adam12

Who is Scotty??????

1adam12

Who is Scotty??????

1adam12

Also….why does growing the “sport ” as you guys call it the main objective? What about personal satisfaction? Fun,creativity?????????

If you ask me there is too many Capitilist agendas on this site……oh but I guess you never asked me did ya?????????

1adam12

Also….why does growing the “sport ” as you guys call it the main objective? What about personal satisfaction? Fun,creativity?????????

If you ask me there is too many Capitilist agendas on this site……oh but I guess you never asked me did ya?????????

CrazyCraig

@1adam12 wrote:

Alot of us, I hope, do get a certain amount of personal satisfaction out of helping grow the sport. I know Brett sure does, or this sight wouldn’t be here.

But, yes, I am getting personal satisfaction out of it too. I lost almost 25 pounds, lowered my blood pressure and other stats, and finally fit back into size 38 pants (heading for 36) after hitting a high of size 42. I’m in my best shape in 10 years and I have the very personal satisfaction of winning my class at the CJ Regional while my 5 year old son cheered me on. There was no better satisfaction than that!!!

Fun? Hellya I’m having fun! I’m doing things on a bike (again) that 6 months ago I did not believe I could do again. Camping out and playing foot-down (at midnight in the dark with glow sticks in our spokes) at South Park with the Tidey crew, that was big fun!

Creativity? Well, not sure how I measure up there, don’t think I am doing anything particularly creative on a bike, except inspiring some little dudes to try harder.

Capitalistic interests? Hey, my business (mortgages) depends on networking. I’m hanging out on a site with people I like, I’m gonna tell them what I do. People usually refer people to people they like and know. My other site: Kick-ass stuff for active folks like us. Why should I keep that a secret? But, until this post, I have never promoted either in a post other than my signatures.

But, I’m not arguing with ya or trying to debate anything, just giving my 2 cents again.

CrazyCraig

@1adam12 wrote:

Alot of us, I hope, do get a certain amount of personal satisfaction out of helping grow the sport. I know Brett sure does, or this sight wouldn’t be here.

But, yes, I am getting personal satisfaction out of it too. I lost almost 25 pounds, lowered my blood pressure and other stats, and finally fit back into size 38 pants (heading for 36) after hitting a high of size 42. I’m in my best shape in 10 years and I have the very personal satisfaction of winning my class at the CJ Regional while my 5 year old son cheered me on. There was no better satisfaction than that!!!

Fun? Hellya I’m having fun! I’m doing things on a bike (again) that 6 months ago I did not believe I could do again. Camping out and playing foot-down (at midnight in the dark with glow sticks in our spokes) at South Park with the Tidey crew, that was big fun!

Creativity? Well, not sure how I measure up there, don’t think I am doing anything particularly creative on a bike, except inspiring some little dudes to try harder.

Capitalistic interests? Hey, my business (mortgages) depends on networking. I’m hanging out on a site with people I like, I’m gonna tell them what I do. People usually refer people to people they like and know. My other site: Kick-ass stuff for active folks like us. Why should I keep that a secret? But, until this post, I have never promoted either in a post other than my signatures.

But, I’m not arguing with ya or trying to debate anything, just giving my 2 cents again.

1adam12

Was the two cents thing pun? Lol cause that would be funny………

TideyFamily

@CrazyCraig wrote:

just giving my 2 cents again.

Man you have given atleast 10 cents today.

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Camping out and playing foot-down (at midnight in the dark with glow sticks in our spokes) at South Park with the Tidey crew, that was big fun!.

You know now I have to put those in his spokes every night now!!! We have been on 10 o’clock rides every night since we got home. He is still talking about my crash into Gulich!! That was what BMX is all about FUN I know of no other Dad that would have thier kids out at midnight at a NATIONAL riding his bike in darkness with just Glow Sticks tolight his path besides me. For the first time he wasn’t complaining about doing sprints up hills. He did it over 10 times and that hill was enormous!! You know what, he had fun… It was one of the funnest times I have had on a Bike since I was a kid!! I am just glad that he got to share it with a great bunch of MEN who ride Kids Bikes!!![/i]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.