Homepage › Forums › NJ BMX Racing › NJ Racing old › Weather for state qualifier on sat.
- This topic has 8 voices and 20 replies.
June 1, 2006 at 2:30 pm #25131bmiddaughMember
Report is calling for rain.
I’m just wondering if we get rained out, are we racing on sunday or rescheduling for another date.
Thanks!June 1, 2006 at 3:54 pm #31185
Only seeing a chance of showers in the early am. Partly cloudy rest of day 10am on.
If it is raining, we will reschedule.June 1, 2006 at 4:09 pm #31186bmiddaughMember
60 miles must make a difference, eht is calling for am storms, brick is rain all day…
too much stress, lolJune 1, 2006 at 8:06 pm #31222
i was wondering the same thing it looks like 70% chance of rain down in eht for sat… can they move it to sunday? its supposed to be sunny and nice on sunday….
janeen- i know it will be early but is there anyway someone can post if the race will be cancelled by 7-8am?( for those of us who have over a 2 hr drive down) maybe hard to reschedule for another weekend…
thanksJune 2, 2006 at 2:11 am #31228
Well the track is groomed and broomed !!!
Went down and did a little sweeping and got some laps in
Les got some of the P.A. speakers working so we can here all the racing action !!
Now all we need is a good weather forecast Where ya at caveman ???June 2, 2006 at 4:21 am #31229
We’ll call it as early as is humanly possible. Les, Linda, or Robert usually will call me by 7am if it is not going to quit raining. I’ll post it as soon as I get the call.
We’ll find a Saturday to have it if it is cancelled.June 2, 2006 at 11:03 am #31232
no chance for sunday? 😥
thanks janeen!!June 2, 2006 at 12:15 pm #31235
ok heres a thought will the park let you have the race delayed to later on in the afternoon( giving the riders a chance to groom etc once the rain stops?) like just say 4-5pm since you usually run later anyway??
just a suggestion ( i am getting it from all ends from a kid who is DYING to race..haha)
we would come down early to help out if you need it. just say the word…June 2, 2006 at 1:59 pm #31240CavemanMember
Chris wants a Caveman forecast. I’m flattered. Here you go:
The Caveman forecast calls for ballups up and down the east coast. Both the ABA Mass. national and the NJ state qualifier will be rained out.
The Caveman’s Almanac is predicting a drought for the summer of 06 except when there are BMX races in which case it will rain and hail just to piss you people off.
I actually want to go to the ABA race in Mass but I’m on call for work and it might rain here and there so I’m getting hissy again.June 2, 2006 at 2:24 pm #31243
[audio src="http://www.pureimagination.co.uk/captaincaveman/images/cavey2.wav" /]June 2, 2006 at 2:30 pm #31244paulcMember
Just checked the weather for Saturday at EHT. 90% chance of rain. When will you guys make the call? I am in PA and am planning on leaving for NJ tonight? The sooner the better for all those that are not local. What about a tenative reschedule date? Thanks
PaulJune 2, 2006 at 2:32 pm #31245
Help is on the way!!! http://www.pureimagination.co.uk/captaincaveman/images/cavey%5b1%5d.wavJune 2, 2006 at 5:30 pm #31253
Just for the record guys. I do not make the call on whether to cancel, postpone, reschedule or whatever a race. That is up to our State Commissioner and the individual track directors. I can make suggestions as to dates, weather conditions, etc., but the final word comes from the higher ups.
I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything. I am in the same boat (sorry for the pun) as the rest of you, as I drive an hour to EHT, an hour + to CJ, and an hour and a half to Flem. I’ll try to get at least a definite maybe by tonight.
Hope to see everyone tomorrow, but… 🙄June 2, 2006 at 5:44 pm #31254
KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-QUEEN ANNE’S-TALBOT-CAROLINE-SALEM-GLOUCESTER-
430 AM EDT FRI JUN 2 2006
CLOUD COVER— MCLDY
PRECIP CHC (%)— 50
PRECIP TYPE — TSTMS
MAX/MIN TEMP— 72
MAX/MIN RH (%)— 54
MAX AM WIND (MPH) —
MAX PM WIND (MPH) — N 13
PRECIP AMOUNT — 0.12
PRECIP DURATION — 2
HAINES INDEX — 3
LAL — 3
MIXING HGT (MAX/MIN)— 3200
TRANS WIND (MAX/MIN)— NW 17
VENTILATION RATE — 54400
DISPERSION — GOOD
This is the Fire Weather forecast for Saturday for Atlantic County (I am with the Forest Fire Service in my free (haha) time).
It is usually very accurate.
What it shows is a 50% chance of rain with a total accumulation of .12 inches. Length of actual rainfall during the course of the day is 2 hours.June 2, 2006 at 5:50 pm #31255CrazyCraigMember
Is there a track ph# that can be called first thing in the morning? I live up north, and am picking someone up out west, and then heading down. I need to leave my house at 6am to accomplish this and get there at a reasonable time.
You said they will usually make a decision at 7am – but I will be on the rode by that point – so a phone number to call would be very helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.