Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Weather for state qualifier on sat.

• This topic has 8 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Report is calling for rain.
    I’m just wondering if we get rained out, are we racing on sunday or rescheduling for another date.
    Thanks!

bmxgirlmom

Only seeing a chance of showers in the early am. Partly cloudy rest of day 10am on.
    If it is raining, we will reschedule.

bmiddaugh

60 miles must make a difference, eht is calling for am storms, brick is rain all day…
    too much stress, lol

bmxmom156

i was wondering the same thing it looks like 70% chance of rain down in eht for sat… can they move it to sunday? its supposed to be sunny and nice on sunday….

janeen- i know it will be early but is there anyway someone can post if the race will be cancelled by 7-8am?( for those of us who have over a 2 hr drive down) maybe hard to reschedule for another weekend…

thanks

CWCCRIDER

Well the track is groomed and broomed !!!
    Went down and did a little sweeping and got some laps in
    Les got some of the P.A. speakers working so we can here all the racing action !!

Now all we need is a good weather forecast Where ya at caveman ???

bmxgirlmom

We’ll call it as early as is humanly possible. Les, Linda, or Robert usually will call me by 7am if it is not going to quit raining. I’ll post it as soon as I get the call.

We’ll find a Saturday to have it if it is cancelled.

bmxmom156

no chance for sunday? 😥

thanks janeen!!

bmxmom156

ok heres a thought will the park let you have the race delayed to later on in the afternoon( giving the riders a chance to groom etc once the rain stops?) like just say 4-5pm since you usually run later anyway??

just a suggestion ( i am getting it from all ends from a kid who is DYING to race..haha)

we would come down early to help out if you need it. just say the word…

Caveman

Chris wants a Caveman forecast. I’m flattered. Here you go:

The Caveman forecast calls for ballups up and down the east coast. Both the ABA Mass. national and the NJ state qualifier will be rained out.

The Caveman’s Almanac is predicting a drought for the summer of 06 except when there are BMX races in which case it will rain and hail just to piss you people off.

I actually want to go to the ABA race in Mass but I’m on call for work and it might rain here and there so I’m getting hissy again.

CWCCRIDER

[audio src="http://www.pureimagination.co.uk/captaincaveman/images/cavey2.wav" /]

paulc

Janeen,

Just checked the weather for Saturday at EHT. 90% chance of rain. When will you guys make the call? I am in PA and am planning on leaving for NJ tonight? The sooner the better for all those that are not local. What about a tenative reschedule date? Thanks

Paul

CWCCRIDER
    bmxgirlmom

Just for the record guys. I do not make the call on whether to cancel, postpone, reschedule or whatever a race. That is up to our State Commissioner and the individual track directors. I can make suggestions as to dates, weather conditions, etc., but the final word comes from the higher ups.
    I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything. I am in the same boat (sorry for the pun) as the rest of you, as I drive an hour to EHT, an hour + to CJ, and an hour and a half to Flem. I’ll try to get at least a definite maybe by tonight.
    Hope to see everyone tomorrow, but… 🙄

bmxgirlmom

DEZ002-003-MDZ012-015-019-020-NJZ016-017-021>023-031100-
    KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-QUEEN ANNE’S-TALBOT-CAROLINE-SALEM-GLOUCESTER-
    CUMBERLAND-ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY-
    430 AM EDT FRI JUN 2 2006

SAT

CLOUD COVER— MCLDY
    PRECIP CHC (%)— 50
    PRECIP TYPE — TSTMS
    MAX/MIN TEMP— 72
    MAX/MIN RH (%)— 54
    MAX AM WIND (MPH)
    MAX PM WIND (MPH) — N 13
    PRECIP AMOUNT — 0.12
    PRECIP DURATION — 2
    HAINES INDEX — 3
    LAL — 3
    MIXING HGT (MAX/MIN)— 3200
    TRANS WIND (MAX/MIN)— NW 17
    VENTILATION RATE — 54400
    DISPERSION — GOOD

This is the Fire Weather forecast for Saturday for Atlantic County (I am with the Forest Fire Service in my free (haha) time).
    It is usually very accurate.
    What it shows is a 50% chance of rain with a total accumulation of .12 inches. Length of actual rainfall during the course of the day is 2 hours.

CrazyCraig

Is there a track ph# that can be called first thing in the morning? I live up north, and am picking someone up out west, and then heading down. I need to leave my house at 6am to accomplish this and get there at a reasonable time.

You said they will usually make a decision at 7am – but I will be on the rode by that point – so a phone number to call would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.