Homepage › Forums › NJ BMX Racing › Farside’s Place › UCI Challenge Class qualifying finally explained.
- This topic has 1 voice and 1 reply.
January 11, 2007 at 5:50 pm #25946RFarsideMember
USA Cycling has released the official qualification criteria for US Challenge class riders who want to qualify to represent the USA at the 2007 UCI World Championships in Victoria, BC Canada.
How to qualify to race the 2007 UCI World Championships (all classes use ages determined as of December 31, 2007) Click Here to read the official release (link to USA Cycling)
Junior and Elite riders – must earn a minimum of one (1) UCI point to qualify
Challenge Class: 16 riders per UCI class will qualify + any riders who made their main at the 2006 World Championship. The following criteria apply:
1. Top 8 riders from the Main event at the USA Cycling National Championship (Waterford Oaks, June 9) The UCI age classes will be used for this event only ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ no proficiencies (http://www.uci.ch)
2. Top 8 riders qualify from the criteria from the 6 UCI races in 2007 (WCQC) Best three scores will count toward rankings Best 3 scores come from any combination of the (6) WCQS events (see below)
You will racing in your NBL class and then USAC will place you into your actual World Championship Age Group. (based on your age as of December 31, 2007)
Example 1: A rider who is 15 years old at the Lake Mead National but turns 16 on or before December 31, 2007 will race as a 16 year old at the Worlds
Example 2: A rider who is 34 years old racing cruiser at the Lake Mead National but turns 35 on or before December 31, 2007 will race in the 35-39 Cruiser class at the Worlds.
3. Extra positions: Any duplicates positions that result in an unfilled position will be filled from the rankings from the WCQS series starting at #9.
4. Petition: Any positions not filled by #1-3 will be open for petition. You may apply to USAC with a letter and resume stating your qualifications and reasons for not racing any of the events (ie. injury, out of country). Please supply support documentation.
Licences: You are required to have a USAC International License ONLY if you decide to race the UCI Worlds or out of the country. It is not required to race the USA Cycling National Championship.
2007 UCI Events – World Challenge Qualification Series (WCQS)
Feb 24, 2007 NBL Lake Mead National, Boulder City, NV
Feb 25, 2007 NBL Lake Mead National, Boulder City, NV
Mar 31, 2007 NBL Gator National, Sarasota, FL
Apr 7, 2007 NBL Easter Classic, Orlando, FL
Apr 28, 2007 NBL Freedom National, Woodbridge, VA
May 19, 2007 NBL Golden State National, Prunedale
2007 USA Cycling BMX National Championships
June 9-10 Pontiac, MI
2007 UCI World Championships
July 26-29, Victoria, BC, Canada
Further clarification will be announced regarding the purchase and use of the USAC International BMX License.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.