Homepage Forums UBMXRC Council Discussions Topic 1

• This topic has 8 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

State Series.
    Excellent year, had a lot of fun…
    Now, I am asking a question to you all.
    Average rider count at race- 100
    Entry fee- $20.00
    Total per race – $2,000.000
    6 State Races – $12,000
    State Championship rider count – 147
    Entry fee- $25.00
    Total income from State Championship – $3,675.00
    Total income from State Series- $15,675.00
    Ok, excellent! Plenty of money to give to the riders to tear it up.

Expenses…dammit, lol.
    Insurance- I think the nbl charges $1.00 to $2.00 per rider for an event. Puts that total at approx: $1,494 at the high end.
    Plaques- Hmmm, you have to buy your own plaque, so there is no expense there at all, in fact how much does the plaque cost and is the State able to make a profit off of it. Hopefully, yes, lol!
    State Championship trophies: hmmmm, no expense here either as the trophies were re-used from 3 years ago.
    Redoing trophies with plates and updated year- ? No report at any state meetings on that.
    So far, I see approx: $1,500 for insurance, and maybe high end $300.00 to $400.00 for redoing the trophies.

My bottom line here is that we all spent a good nut at these races this year and it’s time we make um, basically ourselves, accountable.
    Saw the by-laws last night, the treasurer is supposed to have a report at every meeting. So we’ve been breaking our own by-laws! lol!
    First,
    I’m not accusing anybody of anything, but we need to start accounting for our own money.
    My questions:
    Who has the njbmx account?
    Who has check writing privileges?
    Who approves the budget?
    As I’ve said to everyone before, I don’t want anything, so I’m not sitting here saying put me in charge of this or that…
    I am saying we are getting quickly to a point where we have to make a stand together and get organized and start accounting for things.
    I would appreciate everyone’s views on this.
    I may be way out of line, but wouldn’t it be cool to know where all the riders and parents money are going?

RaidenHayden

Brett, you aren’t starting anything, but you DID!!!!! Made me think about where my money last year and the year before went. If there was a party, how come we didn’t get invited, I would have liked some beer and chips too!!!!!!!

RaidenHayden

Brett, you aren’t starting anything, but you DID!!!!! Made me think about where my money last year and the year before went. If there was a party, how come we didn’t get invited, I would have liked some beer and chips too!!!!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

“show me the money” and i am not laughing! Do not want to see pie charts. Want to see reciepts. Btw rumor has it someone was thrown out of a meeting when asked to see the books. Do not have all the details, but sure would like to know if it is true.

dunrite9

Brett
    You got me thinking!
    Thanks now my head hurts 🙁

Plaques – nice idea, but i only raced 3 of the 6 races, so why buy a plaque and not fill in all the spots. So i didn’t spend $40,(1 for class & 1 for crusier) to display $120 worth of tin. 😆 but this idea needs improvement for next year. I just might be interested in working on this for next year if i’m not stepping on anyones toes or pulling the lining out of someones pocket 😆

THIS JUST IN!!
    Minutes from a meeting before UBMXRC

one for you
    one for me
    one for you
    one, two for me
    one for you
    one, two, three for me
    …………

RELAX! 😈

s4lnj

all the work that went into the tracks this year must have cost something– as well as mantaining them– lets take that into account as well. you may think maintanance is nothing– but with gas being $3 a gallon, those mowers, wackers and blowers don’t run on corn oil.

Caveman

Ant, you gotta simmer down with these rumors. Eric Rupe kept Farside from going to Brazil, somebody got kicked out of the state meeting for asking about the money, John F Kennedy was a vampire, Caveman’s on roids. All nonsense. Nonsense I tells ya!

Ask the treasurer where the money goes. I’ll bet a lot goes to jerseys for the President’s Cup.

RaidenHayden

They have to have a tax return, and it has to be public, just ask for it it may explain alot

LeadSled1

Uh, didn’t the riders have to buy their jerseys? ❓

RFarside

@LeadSled1 wrote:

Uh, didn’t the riders have to buy their jerseys? ❓

Only if they are not going to the President’s Cup.

bmiddaugh

The money left over that I account for adds up to $95.00 a rider.
    The tracks are seperate entities that pay their own maintenance.
    Which if everyone orders a jersey, and has to pay for it before hand they only get reimbursed if they go.
    Oh, it was Behm who got kicked out of a state meeting for asking to see where the money is going.
    Again, I’m not accusing or making weird rumors.
    I’ve just been to 4 meetings and never seen anything that says where the money goes and what costs what.
    It’s in the bylaws.
    But “budget” meetings are always “closed” meetings.
    Give me a break, just say x to jerseys, x to pens, x to plates.
    That’s why people like the Behms start wondering what’s going on, ’cause ya keep all the nonsense like where the money is going for legit stuff secret.
    Duh.

RaidenHayden

Again, ask for their tax return, they have to have one that will let you know how the money was paid out

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.