Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used They are watching

• This topic has 8 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

geesh i go to work one day… missed the whole thing……

&&**

get paid????????????????????????????? huh?

s4lnj

ok– i may be a little late on this — but here it goes

and i may piss most of you off– but here it goes

if no one else will stick up for “them”– i will– i may not know who “they ” are– but i have a pretty good idea– context clues, baby, context clues.

#1– “they” are not here to defend themselves. if you have problems w/ them and the things they do — confront them face to face. if they don’t listen keep trying. coming on here and starting a negative post will only distance them more if they truelly are lurking around. and although you never really said who they were, it’s sooooo transparent

#2– consider this, you say that they have been around so long, and it’s time they open up to new ideas, blah blah blah….. do you honestly think that we are the first people that had new ideas? my guess is no, but i’m also willing to say that they have seen more people with great ideas come and go, than you have pairs of underwear. and i’m sure that after being let down over and over by people that make promises and have great ideas, but soon just fade away, after a while they start to shut people out. wouldn’t anyone else?

#3– although it may not apear so, they love the sport somewhere deep inside— other wise they wouldn’t be doing it. plain and simple– i don’t think that anyone is retiring from runing a local track– not in this day and age– your heads are in the clouds

i know that everyone here wants to see things get better. but it takes time, and yes, some people are harder to reach than others, but that doesn’t mean that they should be drug to the center of town and publiclly stoned. vauge shit talking isn’t the answer

dave

bmiddaugh

So I guess we’re asking if Linda or Les will come down and hang with us tomorrow.
    Quite frankly I’m tired of hearing from new people that they have walked up to them and asked to help and they get the cold shoulder.
    I’m tired of of Rich and Chris getting bounced back and forth instead of listened to.
    I’m tired of hearing things like “I try to think of every reason why an idea won’t work before I try it”.

To achieve something worthwhile you have to never start to shut people out. Good people come, bad people wander in, but you have to never turn off that little place in your heart that says “Give em a chance”. It’s over.

The order of the day for a long time was, this track or that track can’t have all the power.
    What power?
    It’s all BMX.
    Once you lose that spark that says welcome every new person and give them a smile and a chance is it really any fun anymore? Much like the people who have been running things all this time, I too had a distrust of people. Moreso a suspicion, so I figure let’s get to know these people. And ya know what they needed to do the same with me…with us. But it’s over, I’m not leaving, the returning guys aren’t leaving, a new generation is coming up and it’s time to trust them with the sport they love. No one on this board, I don’t believe anyone at these tracks are in it for more than the love of BMX.
    The time has come to let the new guys come in. It doesn’t mean goodbye for those who kept things alive, it means it’s time to back off and let the people who grew up with the sport have a hand in running it.
    None of us, not me, Ant, Rich, Chris, Pete, Dave (you), Bill, Pete, Craig, Jim, Jeff…and on and on would ever do a damn thing to hurt this sport. But running people in circles, and closing those off who truly love what they are doing is not a positive thing.
    I don’t think this post was negative, but things have to change and sometimes, like Dave just said you have to piss people off.

I’ll see everyone tomorrow.
    As usual I expect the bullseye to be painted on me.
    But this time, if anyone is coming up to
    “Shut somebody up.”
    It’s not gonna happen.

Everyone finally has what they wanted, a group of motivated people with the best interest of BMX at heart.
    Let’s get to work.

Oh and I have found that it is best to give new ideas a shot it can lead to amazing things.

Like BMX.

bmiddaugh

I think I have one last thing to add to this.
    Les and Linda have the EXACT same gripes we do about the nbl and the direction that the sport has been taken.
    So much so that they have taken steps to push promoting the nbl to the back burner.
    I will ask this again tomorrow.
    But I’ll start right now.
    Please let the new guys do what must be done, they…we can be trusted.

But you have to unleash us to get it done.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.