Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old team results

• This topic has 14 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Macdaddy

I am not saying every old school rider is…. well, i guess i am. But I wouldnt count you as an old school racer. you believe in using technology to your advantage.

RFarside

I agree with Brett that things need to change, but experts only on a state team sheet will never work. Just look at the state championship race this past weekend. 129 riders qualified and 30 something motos. I think its time for some changes.

And I would classify my self as an old school racer but I know that its 2007 not 1980.

keepitreal

@Macdaddy wrote:

I am not saying every old school rider is…. well, i guess i am. But I wouldnt count you as an old school racer. you believe in using technology to your advantage.

Back pedal……..

tpbmxtd

@RFarside wrote:

I think its time for some changes.

Rich is correct……things have to change.

bmiddaugh

as usual, I make an extreme comment to see if people can meet in the middle…
    jeesh haven’t you guys learned by now…

but to clarify my point.
    If you have nothing to aspire to in BMX racing you will quit very quickly.
    Beginners IE Rookies should not be sponsored PERIOD.
    At the state level, sure novices can have the old PPB, SC Action Sports kinda bike shop thing going on but being able to pick your team AFTER you know who they are competing against just doesn’t make sense.
    Because then you get all that bullshit team riding garbage, all that “slow down these motos so Joe Schmoe can win this moto or that”…come on man it’s a race…
    See the finish line.
    Good.
    I want you to beat everyone to it.

My gawd, you guys already picked your teams, but then you sit there and play…wel who can this guy beat, after you know who they are racing against..
    what up wit dat…

hey this is a fun discussion, not a lot of stupid politics, just crazy team stuff.

RaidenHayden

30 motos for a state final, and most of the classes it was determined before the first gate dropped, yep, some kind of big change is needed to make it so more people will attend. Maybe then the titles will go down to the last race. Think about this, I think your total races you could bring to the final was 15 between locals and qualifiers, way to many. How about 3 qualifiers, and 5 locals, so that if people are following say the regional series, or national, they will still try to get in.

bmiddaugh

How about this.
    All the good ideas seem to keep coming from one place.

This is like the vintagebmx board for NJBMX racing.

BIGANT-DOG

My gawd, you guys already picked your teams, but then you sit there and play…wel who can this guy beat, after you know who they are racing against..
    what up wit dat…

for the record as a rookie T.M. I have never liked that rule And WE will not be at the moto board picking “who can beat who” next season (and there will be more than 5 of us next year) —

RaidenHayden

Brett, I do dissagree with you on the beginners and rookies not having sponsors. If a local shop wants to flow them something, so be it. But I wouldn’t discount our new riders. What I would do, is make the use of them on the team sheets almost nil in value. Like a begginers points are so miniscule compared to an ex, that it doesn’t really pay to have them on the sheets.

RFarside

OK I guess I will highjack this thread to. It looks like that’s how they roll here on brokenhearts.

I feel there are some major changes that need to be made. Let’s start with some of the people on this site. You like to bitch and cry on how thing need to change but when you go to a state meetings you can’t talk. If you want changes you need to speak up. Now as for next year’s state race we need to change.

1 The number of locals needed to qualify for the state championship race. It should be no more then 6.
    2 The championship needs to be a triple point race. Nothing less.
    3 You have to open the championship race up to anyone who wants to race it. Not just the 129 people who are qualified. They do it at the NBL grands.
    4 We need an announcer big time. A good announcer can make or break a race. And it would be nice if he or she would use the new PA system.

I could go on and on.

bmiddaugh

1. 3 state 5 locals

2. duh

3. duh m-fing squared, I’ve been fighting this since day one. I guess it’s time to pop this zit as well.

4. I’d do it even though I sound wierd, but I can’t be everywhere….this is a tough one, lotta chatty people on here but put them in front of a crowd or a mic..

I will make a proposal for all the above for the next state meeting.. well except the announcer thing, lol, but we need to NOT BACK DOWN when people start to throw out crazy reasons that things are fine as they are.

The racing part of BMX in NJ has absolutely nothing to lose by trying things that are new, radical or really different than what they have done in the past….strike that, their past, many of our pasts go back much farther so we remember a time when many of the things we talk about were actually implemented….

except for the announcer thing…

keep going on Rich, I’m taking all this down.

RFarside

I am not bashing you on this. You did a great job with the announcing of the pro am for us. What I would like to see is someone who could do every moto at the state races. What do you think a guy like Charlie Litsky could do for a NJ state race?

bmxmom156

i can vouge for why some are reluctant to speak their mind at these meetings. even at a small track meeting if you speak your mind or ask a simple question you risk getting screamed and cursed at and belittled and quite frankly its embarrassing and shows a total lack of respect. adults acting like this…boy its surely not a selling point for recruiting new volunteers…unless you dont want anyone new, maybe thats the way to keep ppl at arms length??

who in their right mind would want to open their mouth after this? personally i had this happen to me not once twice and for whateaver reason some ppl think this is totally acceptable adult behavior.. i brought this up to someone recently and it was blown off like its no big deal.

if it was in a reg business meeting someone would have been dismissed.

something has to be done. i dont know what exactly that is but a code of conduct for everyone ( including track officials) may be a good starting point.

RaidenHayden

Code of conduct, thats laughable, after seeing some of their behavior, how can you expect them to adhere to something like that, or even for them to implement it

TenaciousD

Maybe all this drama is the catalyst for the NBL to have a code of conduct for the officials.

Im sure there are a few on here that can give Bob a call….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.