Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used state trophys

• This topic has 11 voices and 46 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

oh and at NO time should an announcer be saying, this is boring, or this race is stupid, or I’m not announcing this race.
    and never EVER say that you wanna get done quick to go home and watch the game….damn man, all of us at the track wanna play on the jumps and b.s. with each other, not watch some overpaid knuckleheads.

bmxmom156

if the 13 yr old dosnt want to be there i dont thnk it matters whatt their parents or the nbl say or think…. if they want to race they will race. when they stop asking to go to the track i agree its most of the time because there are a limited amt of “older guys” there. i know my son always says i hope so and so is there today…or i hope i can race in such and such class , i hope they move me up into so and sos moto,,,its bout wanting to be as fast as the older guys…

thats why when we have our opens at flem we let the little guys get a taste of it sometimes ( we give them a lead of course) to let them see what they have to look fwd to.. they love it

as the riders get older they have to have a reason to go, and if you are lucky there is not a “bossy girlfriend” who wants them to stop racing. that seems to be a common complaint i hear from riders when i ask why they stopped….( so beware!!haha)

i think these are all good ideas and maybe some should be brought up at the meeting. i think the mentor program thingy is a good start this way the older guys can keep an eye on their “proteges” (cant spell) and the little guys have someone to go to/ look up to.

how the heck did i get on this subject? old age i guess.

^$#%#

bmiddaugh

bottom line we gotta make this thing fun again and make every person feel welcome at the tracks.
    It’s sorta like you have to always be in people’s faces, asking talking making feel like they are someplace where, “ya wanna win” but it’s such a good time that if you lose, it doesn’t matter anyway.
    The mentor thing is killer and is an excellent idea on how to keep older riders involved.

Bossy girlfriends, wives…etc….
    It is so important to every young dude out there to realize that if you have something you love to do and it means a lot to you that you should never, ever stop doing it because someone says so. If someone says they don’t like it or aren’t into it..that is a warning sign…..

RaidenHayden

I had been warned, doom is impending 👿

bmxer901

Fun 😆 . we have alot of work to do tro make it “fun” again. Not everyone knows or understands what is and could possibly be going on. which could be a good thing, as long as we can start to fix things before certain things get out to the public. :wink:!

bmxmom156

fun…ok like water balloons fun? i have a huge bag of them whos up for it?

thats a challenge- when- sat 9/16
    where flemington
    time- after the last moto

any takers??

hey its better than eggs/ less messy

bmiddaugh

Deb,
    don’t give Bill any ideas on what to do to me when I’m on the track…. 😆

RaidenHayden

Paintballs Brett, paintballs, that or simunition, Ouch!!!!!!

bmxmom156

how far do those stun guns travel?

RaidenHayden

Not far, but real entertaining

dunrite9

How about broom handles 😆

dunrite9

What happened to the State Trophy topic.

RaidenHayden

Pete, the broom handle topic was more fun , thats half the prob

RaidenHayden

@CWCCRIDER wrote:

From the NJBMX home page— http://www.njbmx.org/index.htm

Who is the New Jersey BMX Inc.

What does NJBMX Inc. do for me, the rider?

A good question; hopefully here’s a good answer. First and foremost, the State organization provides the structure for our state series in accordance with the requirements of the National Bicycle League. That’s our primary objective versus our local tracks and track organizations who run their own track series. While we do have fees for races, recognize that ALL our staff are unpaid volunteers and ALL proceeds from state races are either paid out in operating expenses ( postage, printing, race fees to NBL, supplies, and the like) or in recognition to our riders. We’d like to share with you the significant things we’re doing to give back to you, our riders.

Uh, Chris, that line in there about “ALL our staff are unpaid volunteers”, isn’t entirely true.
    As reported to me by SEVERAL people at the last state meeting, the REFEREE, and CLERK of COARSE recieve monetary compensation. I don’t have a problem with it if we were a bigger state, with more riders, hence more money, however, when trying to lure volunteers, not the best thing to have to find out when people have thought everybody was doing it for free. Just thought I’d point that out to some of ya

RaidenHayden

To further the point of the last post on this topic. The money used to pay those people, could have went to bigger tropies, that kids would have brought home, and quite possibly shown their friends, who might have gotten interested

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.