Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old State Standings thru 08/17/06 are posted over on the forum

• This topic has 7 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Craig, what are ya talking about I literally blew up!
    My appendix..that is… 😆

bmxgirlmom

We are definitely in for the rider of the ???.

Nancy and I have been trying to think of a way to do a rider of the year for NJ, but keep bogging down on a way to get a majority of votes from all three tracks for any one kid no matter what track he/she races at the most.

Since so many of the kids only race 1 track on regular basis, we need to find a way to get it done so that each track doesn’t just vote for one of their own kids.

I know what I am trying to say, but it doesn’t look right in print.

bmiddaugh

CJ gives out the CJ Ferry award every year to someone who helps out above and beyond at the track.
    Maybe each track should start something like that and we should just make a big deal out of it at the State Awards…like:
    These 3 people (or more if more tracks come into existence…hehehehehe….he)
    exemplify what it means to be a BMXer, who truly cares about the sport.
    You can get little 8×10 plaques made up online for like 15 simoleans custom engraved.
    Or….this would be a good thing for track directors to learn how to cooperate with each other, they each nominate a kid, then we sit em down with a moderator and let them chat it out themselves.
    I am still a believer in productive, semi argumentative discourse.
    As long as people can keep them thar egos in check.

bmxmom156

yea its got to be a hard decision…its no like it used to be when riders went to every track chasing points and everyone knew them…

how bout if each track has a rider of the month/ or week based on the criteria( sportsmanship, moving up a class, helping other riders, etc) then at the end of the season all these riders were put in a pool and the riders who race the championship voted for a rider of the yr from this list? i think someone organized this several yrs ago…

or each track can nominate a rider for the rider of the yr from their own rider of the week/month list( so there would ultimately be 3 to choose from ) then all the riders who race the championship voted on 1 of the 3… this would give you a rider of the yr.

as for each track announcing when riders just move up i dont know how registration works exactly w/moveup points… but i would assume they are the first person to know who moved up then the kids sign up for a local…if there is a clipboard at registration for parents to add thier child to then whoever is announcing can just grab it when they do the announcements before the race starts. then brett/ whoever takes the pics would have the ongoing list of new “move ups” to acknowlege. you can even add any riders who had a bday since they would be racing a new group of riders as well… jsut a thought.

rollin-z

dont forget the 10 novice class move ups we had 2 who are now 10-x one had first race as a 10x on tuesday night. had to move up 2 weeks before the grands.
    but thats ok ! :wink:!

s4lnj

no 22-29x?— i was pretty sure i had all my races in. i could be wrong– either way i’ll be there tomorow.

thanks again for all the work you have put into the state series this year— as well as bmx in general.

bmxgirlmom

Is the person above Dave Pawlowski? If so then YES you are qualified to race. It cut off on the bottom of the page.

You are #1 in 22-29 expert with 2093 pts and 11 total races

I will squeeze it in on the page.

Sorry bout that.

s4lnj

yep that’s me– no problem– thanks

bmxgirlmom

Finished. Squeezed in and now printing. Will be posted tomorrow.

Sorry. 2am is not conducive to triple checking 😳

s4lnj

can’t be perfect all the time

bmxgirlmom

I would settle for 1/10 of 1% of the time.

bmxgirlmom

Here is the corrected PRE-Championship standings for 30-34 Cruiser. Turns out Chris G. had more races on a temp number received at the beginning of the season that didn’t transfer over to his actual NBL #.
    Sorry Chris and thanks for being so nice and understanding about the mixup.
    A true gentleman!

*** 30-34 CRUISER

BEST WARNICKE TOTAL
    PLACE NUMBER NAME AGE RACES POINTS POINTS POINTS

1 573651 WORRELL, CHRIS 30C 14 2017 120 2137
    2 371198 VLIET, CHRIS 33C 10 1900 150 2050
    3 113053 GULICH, CHRIS 33C 10 1875 135 2010
    4 560199 POLIZZI, THOMAS 33C 7 904 134 1038

Anonymous

Thanks Janeen. I appreciate the kind words. I just want to be able to race the President’s Cup and help represent NJ. -Chris

bmxgirlmom

Meant every word.
    Glad we were able to fix the mix-up and you were able to race.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.