Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old South park update. (not good news)

• This topic has 14 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    rider1

Bill,again thank you,good wisdom. When the track is no longer fun,nobody will come. The jumps dont have to be bigger,they have to flow. When the track has good flow,its fun.When the track has huge jumps that nobody can do,no fun. No flow.

bmiddaugh

Oh man….here we go with “the flow” jokes….

dunrite9

It’s alway’s nice to see Flow now & then.

dunrite9

It’s alway’s nice to see Flow now & then.

TideyFamily

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?cmenuid=1&url=jandcracing&sid=761684271

This is Chris’s Team’s website. They are taking donations if anyone is interested. I got me one today..

TideyFamily

From VinatgeBMX yesterday….

6-9-06
    OK, here’s the deal on Chris Hubel. His mouth is wired shut (jaw broken in 2 places), he has 2 rods/pins, several screws and a bone graft from his hip in his back. They moved him out of ICU yesterday. His left arm was not broken, but is weaker than his right. His esophagus was not torn but that is a common occurrence from installing an airway in the field. They have had him sitting upright and eating chicken broth and stuff like that. Of course the mind protects us from bad happenings and he has no recollection of the crash.
    Today they were talking about moving him to a rehab facility in Pittsburgh.
    I talk with his mother twice a day for updates. She is staying in a “family house”. It is something like a hotel for people that have loved ones in the hospital. She stays with him in his room more often then taking the shuttle back to the house. She likes to stay because he isn’t always thinking right from the morphine and tries to get up! When they can downgrade him to Demerol his thought processes will be much clearer and he will know better than to try to get out of bed.
    The BMX community has let me down on the fund-raising. I must be doing it wrong. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I haven’t even sold enough stickers to pay for a week at the “family house”. It’s around $40.00 per night. Stickers are available for $10.00 at:
    http://www.cafepress.com/jandcracing.64263072
    Buy as many as you want.
    The next issue is that their insurance co is fighting them because of some kind of extreme sports clause, this does not look good.
    Sorry if this rambles, it’s late and there are too many things to state or address all at once. Feel free to contact me at bmxdad500@hotmail.com.

RaidenHayden

I don’t know what to say, you know things can go wrong on the track, but the NBL trend is more like X-games racing, one rider from NJ who went,and has been to my back yard, said it was like racing to your jumps at full speed!!!!! He said I would have done well cause of it
    People who have never atemped this stuff shouldn’t be on tracks like that.
    And no, Rich I guess he isn’t paralized, but not in much better shape!!!
    Morphine is no JOKE, I had the unfortunate experience of waking up in an ICU and being pumped full of it for days. After I was off the pump that seemed to be the worst, cause they gave a huge dose one shot!!!
    I had halucinations on the stuff
    I hope a sense of normalcy returns to their life, and the NBL, well I hope they pick up the tab for what his insurance doesn’t cover.
    When you sign that waiver, you sign it stating you wouldn’t sue the track or the NBL. But since the town did show upto shut it down, and did not I bet they get sued and that will be that for South Park.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.