Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Rain!!! What happens today then?

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TideyFamily

Since the track more than likely is a mud puddle, will there be racing even it is muddy? Don’t know the answer to this. I know if it was a local then it would be a no go, but since it is a regional and people are traveling from all over are we racing in the Mud??

bmiddaugh

I’m pretty sure you can’t race on the track with the surfacing they put on it during the rain, though it dries out very quickly. Depends on when the rain stops.
    Best bet is to call the track phone. 732.863.1010
    Barring that I’m sure that Vinnie and the crew will be there hanging out waiting for the sun.

TideyFamily

I am the Gate Starter for the Weekend. Just wanted to know if my job didn’t need to be filled today. Gonna go get Legend around 12 and will be at the track the rest of the day helpin Vinnie.

RFarside

Some of the National/Regional races if it was raining on Friday they moved the pre race to Saturday after the National/Regional race. I don’t know what they will do here but the best thing would be to call the track. They say the track is holding up great now so maybe they can get it in.

bmxmom156

if anyone speaks to someone at the track can you update us here? hate to travel down for nothing if they will postpone practice/ pre race till tomorrow ( sat). the surface was so smooth last week i cant see them risking that letting people ride on it wet/ muddy.

thanks!!

RFarside

bmxmom I was told they were riding on the track after the rain and it was not muddy. The stuff they put on the track is working great.

bmxmom156

cool..what is that stuff anyway? whatever it is it works wonders.. all the tracks should be stocked with it esp for nationals/ regionals incase of rain.

thanks for the update!!

pjtaft

gonna be sunny and mid- high 80’s in Tampa for the State Championships!!!

Umbrella drinks anyone?

TideyFamily

SUN SUN SUN… It’s 12 here and the sun is out and in full effect. Everything is drying up..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.