Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old pro/am open -why race class?

• This topic has 11 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sullivan

its $15 if you pre reg.

CWCCRIDER

COMPLAINT# 1 MONEY / can we make it cheaper ???

COMPLAINT#2 Races to close together / 1. Can we run the open motos early (before the reg. race motos are even posted ) ???

2.Can we do a 2 moto transfer ???

CWCCRIDER

@Sullivan wrote:

its $15 if you pre reg.

only one person Pre Reg. for this weekends race !!!

Whats up with that ???

kevh

You should pay everyone for making them watch you ride on the track. I was so disappointed seeing you back on the track, and you did 1 small tabletop.

LOL!!

bmiddaugh

…I don’t think we can change anything this year (that’s a nice way of saying, you KNOW we can’t, lol)
    But when we have state meetings again, I KNOW all the people on the board, the track reps, Vinny, Scott, Lisa, Nancy are all down with good ideas,
    and also
    you guys need to start hounding your tracks for official licenses so you can get elected and you can be in charge.
    Comprendo? —

bmxmom156

first of all turning pro so you dont have to race/pay for class is not a reason in my book for moving up…jmo

2nd i dont see why its $20 either… in ct last yr dan stayed there for a week at his friends house and his mom pre registered him for a state race that cost $8 for class.(points only) they have a rule that if you dont pre register its $14 the day of.. 90% of riders up there pre register for their double point ( s tate) races. why ppl dont do that in nj is beyond me…. but $20 is rediculous

3rd if they dont make you race class then i can see the older classes diminishing and there goes your moto count right into the toilet… if we think they are low now… just cut out 5-6 motos of older guys and see…

i dont know what the answer is… maybe offer nj bmx bucks for the $20 fee instead of trophy…something..i agree a number plate can get quite expensive.. god forbid you have a kid who wants to race cruiser, class AND open.. GEESH!

LeadSled1

first of all turning pro so you dont have to race/pay for class is not a reason in my book for moving up…jmo

Bitd that is the way it was. If you could rule locally you went pro. They had huge local pro turn outs and those guys raced every state race because there was a purse. They also got a state plate.

It wasn’t “I can’t turn pro because I can’t win a national as a pro”. It was “I am better than the average Expert and I want to race for money”. Now the NBL doesn’t even want the pros at the local level.

Take a look at the top left. Only one of those guys was from Delaware, and he only did one race.

Get the pros back at the local level for the kids to look up to. Then they don’t have to travel to the nationals to see them. Bring back the local recognition and prestige.

4130forlife

those days are gone.. but if someone has an idea how.. lets hear it

bmxmom156

if you rule locally then by all means go pro..thats not what i meant… i was talking about just going pro so you dont have to race class( and pay the fees for it) if you are that good then by all means go for it. if you go pro and cant make a main at a national then that may become a problem..

kevh

Jesse, do you have more classes from back then? I was racing 12/13 expert then. Man those names bring back alot of history for me.

And look at the time frame of the races, the whole series was done and over with before the nationals even got going 100 percent. The states were a tune up for the nationals.

sickryder83

I think that the main reason for making people race class is money. The track does not make money off of the open. Therefore they make people race class so that they still get money from these people racing.

4130forlife

money sucks.. what about racing for the fun and love of the damn bmx

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.